cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Can't post on Yahoo comments

Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Can't post on Yahoo comments

Anyone else have this issue? I tried using chrome and IE, no luck. Very strange

*No "ban" notice or anything either, **bleep**, nothing i post is THAT childish or vulgar. No matter, i thought if you were banned it would alert you in some fashion. My guess is that their system is not working right at the moment. No big deal, just want to see if others are having the issue

5 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Can't post on Yahoo comments

I keep getting sparatically shadow banned on Yahoo Answers and Yahoo articles comments section.  I've even tried two different networks/modems.  Sometimes they shadow ban question marks, sometimes links, sometimes not.  It's not making much sense.  Shadow banning has become a huge problem on the internet.  I'm also experiencing it at Youtube and Dell.com tech support forum. 

'Hoo Recruit

Yes.  All of a sudden, today, I can't even click to sort by "latest" comments, nor can I view my comments history.   But it appears that I can still comment.  I've tried clearing cookies and history, flushed DNS cache, nothing, not working.   I think yahoo comments is broken. 

New 'Hoo

To the previous commenter 40m ago, I am also experiencing that problem. Might be a server issue on their part.

'Hoo Recruit

Yes!  I've had days at a time when I'm unable to post on *certain* stories, while I can easily on others.  I likewise post nothing crude or vulgar, and unlike the unfiltered hords that widely and freely post childish insults, I don't engage in name-calling.  

When unable to comment on a particular story, I've tried relaunching my browser, switching browsers, rebooting my computer, and waiting hours before attempting the same post again - all to no avail.

Yahoo?  You listening?

Established 'Hoo

I have not been able to post for the last 3 months -- contacted yahoo 3 times and they just can't give a answer if i'm banned or what! very poor service from yahoo.