cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

temporary error 19

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

temporary error 19

I am getting a temporar error 19 is there any fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: temporary error 19

Greetings @gamer27 @Castillos210

Check out this thread for more information on the Temporary Error 19 issue.  

Any updates will be posted here.  

When there is a solution it will be posted here.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
10 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

I am having the same problem.
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @gamer27 @Castillos210

Check out this thread for more information on the Temporary Error 19 issue.  

Any updates will be posted here.  

When there is a solution it will be posted here.

'Hoo Recruit

The response points to a thread that gives additional information on Temporary Error 19, but there is no solution.  I have logged out and waited 30 minutes before logging in, yet the same.  I have stayed logged in for more than 30 minutes, yet the same problem, I have stayed logged in and refreshed, for more than 30 minutes, yet the same problem. What difference does it make when the user last accessed their acount, it should be available whenever one logs on.

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @yasminakmal

Yahoo deactivates accounts that haven't been signed into at least once in the last 12 months.  Once the account has been deactivated it's unlikely you can recover it.  The following two articles can provide more information

Reasons Yahoo deactivates or deletes an account - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3057.html?impressions=true

Can I reuse my deactivated Yahoo ID? - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN3060.html?impressions=true

There is a known issue for those trying to reactivate a Yahoo account that has been inactive for a long time.  As you can see from the article you may be able to recover your Yahoo account but the system may not be able to recover the email inbox associated with this email address.  There is no ETA at this time for a fix for reactivated accounts experiencing this known issue.

'Hoo Recruit

Thanks for your very informative response. Appreciate it

New 'Hoo

has there been a fix for this yet ?

New 'Hoo

I can sign into Yahoo but can't use mail.  Have not used this account in some time, but, it can't be deactivated because I'm using it right now???  I can sign in... I can access other Yahoo pages and sign in... can't see the mailbox.  When I click mail, for a second or two I get a glimpse of the folder list, then the "temporary error" 19 box pops up.  Have tried refreshing.  Have tried hours later to get in.  Mail sent to this account gets a delivery failure notice.  But, I am signed in to Yahoo???  How to get the mail part back?

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @pho4

You have to think of your Yahoo account as a house that contains the many services that Yahoo offers.  You were able to change the locks for the front door so you could get back in but when you went to the door that lead to where you keep your email there was a sign on the door that said "Closed for Maintenance".  The peek you mention would be akin to you taking a peek while construction work is going on where the workers keep shutting the door for your protection.

The only way to get back to the email inbox would be to wait for Yahoo to post a message saying that this issue has been resolved.  This may and I stress the word may allow you to get back into your email inbox but there are no guarantees.

New 'Hoo

I am able to login to my yahoo account but get temporary error when trying to access mail. I am not sure how long it has been since I logged in. I have read that it would be possible to recreate the email if it has been deactivated but since i can login to my account i am assuming that is not the case. Does this mean there will be no time i can just use that email? I dont even need to recover the mail.