cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Yahoo Mail problems: Compose button doesn't work; settings result into error; mobile doesn't access)

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

Yahoo Mail problems: Compose button doesn't work; settings result into error; mobile doesn't access)

Good day

I have the following problem:

When I go to my account with the mail adress shinytotodude(at)yahoo.com I can access the Mailcenter window but the button for mail compose doesn’t work at all and when I try to go to Settings it always shows me an error message that always states to try it later again. I can still read existing mails from my inbox and delete them but I can’t receive new mails except the one or other junk-mail.

I tried to access Yahoo Mail from three different browsers, even went so far to download Google Chrome and everywhere it’s the same result. I deleted all my add ons in FireFox, deactivated my internet security, Java and browsers are all on the newest version updated and I simply can’t understand why my account seems to be broken all of the sudden.

I even went so far as downloading the mobile app of Yahoo Mail on an android phone but on the phone I don’t even get into my account. Each time I put in right email and password it is just telling me that my mails can’t be accessed at the moment and that I shall try it later again.

Thing though, I have this problem for several weeks now and it still hasn’t changed. Please, I need access and don’t know what to do. Creating a new YahooMail won’t do it for me because I need to receive mails on this specific account.

I don’t care what you have to do to reset my Yahoo account because I already went so far as deleting all mails in my inbox but I just want to be able to receive regular mails and to send mails from it again.

Looking forward to finally have some sort of more proper support soon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo Mail problems: Compose button doesn't work; it is highlighted but rest of buttons are gre

how do i clear the cache, maybe I am not doing it right?

11 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Yahoo Mail problems: Compose button doesn't work; settings result into error; mobile doesn't acc

Hello,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble to compose messages. Thanks for letting us know. We've passed the details on to our Product Team so they can get it fixed as quickly as possible.

If you have other questions or details to share, simply reply to this post. We're always happy to help.

Thanks!

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

New 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo Mail problems: Compose button doesn't work; settings result into error; mobile doesn't acc

My compose button has stopped working. I can simply access my email but couldn't send messages. Help please. My email is **Username Protected**@yahoo.com
Thank u in advance.
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Yahoo Mail problems: Compose button doesn't work; settings result into error; mobile doesn't ...

@Tsegazeabt,

Testing the compose feature I see that everything is operating properly. I would recommend clearing your current web browsers cache and cookies and or trying another web browser here

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo Mail problems: Compose button doesn't work; it is highlighted but rest of buttons are gre

compose button doesn't work, it is highlighted but the rest of buttons are greyed out.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@judyKr911

I checked out the account and everything seems to be in order. The Compose button worked like a charm. If needed, I would try clearing the cache in your browser and using a supported web browser like Firefox or Chrome.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

tried cleaning cache and all that and still not working.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@judyKr911

What web browser are you using and what timerange did you clear the cache to?

Pro 'Hoo

chrome, don't know about the time cache.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@judyKr911

Ok, when you clear the cache in Chrome, make sure only the "Cache" checkbox is selected and the timerange is set to "The beginning of time".