cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Mail Community Contest 6 (Apr 27, 2018 - May 25, 2018)

Yahoo Mail File Attachments

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Yahoo Mail File Attachments

Please, I can not download large attached files, above approx. 3 MB? any guidance. Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Yahoo Mail File Attachments

@waleednem

I checked out the account and everything seems to be working fine. I was able to get the download prompt for a 13MB PDF file. If needed, take a look at the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to see if that fixes the issue.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
9 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@waleednem

I checked out the account and everything seems to be working fine. I was able to get the download prompt for a 13MB PDF file. If needed, take a look at the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to see if that fixes the issue.

'Hoo Recruit

I have the same problem.

There are few jpg attachements in one email dated 14 Apr 2018, 9.25am, all attachments with size smaller than 1mb can be downloaded with ease. One jpg with 3.3mb simply refuse to start downloading, the process terminated after "Waiting for dl-mail.ymail.com..."

I was forced to forward the same email to my gmail account, and the 3.3mb jpg downloaded with ease.

'Hoo Recruit

Tried the suggested method as per "clear cache and supported web browser" does not solve the problem. Both Chrome and Firefox cannot download the 3.3mb jpg attachment. 

'Hoo Recruit

And I have tried Windows 7, Android and iOS, all 3 platforms give the same result, cannot download the 3.3MB jpg attachment.

New 'Hoo

Can't open large attachments e.g. mp4 file limit of 2mb upwards

Have done all the previous suggested fixes & didn't fix it. 

Can Yahoo engineers please fix as this has been on going of working/not working. 

Does dl.ymail need a reboot/process restart?

Thanks

New 'Hoo

Still cannot download files >2.0MB.

Everytime you click download it only changed the Google Ads (on right side of mail interface).

New 'Hoo

It is fixed when I removed my another merged email from Yahoo mail.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@xSMCx

I checked out the account and everything seems to be working fine. Was there a specific attachment you had trouble with? If needed, take a look at the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to see if that fixes the issue.

@waleednem

Glad you were able to fix the issue.

'Hoo Recruit

@Scootermobile

Pls look into my account and see whats is wrong. Thank you.