cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Yahoo Mail App for iPhone-linked accounts and account info

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Yahoo Mail App for iPhone-linked accounts and account info

I’m struggling to delete a linked account in my Yahoo App (under Manage Accounts); when I click on Account Info it says “error: account info is not available for this account”.

Thanks for any help you can offer...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Yahoo Mail App for iPhone-linked accounts and account info

@Marla-13

Sub accounts linked to a main account can be unlinked via Yahoo Mail app or web browser. Are you posting with the account that you're trying to remove? 

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

Highlighted
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Marla-13

Yes, you're right! I'd recommend to do it via "Manage accounts", scroll down and select "Add account". This way the accounts are independent from each other and can be easily accessed from the app. Smiley Happy

Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!

8 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Marla-13

Depending if you linked a mailbox under another account or if you simply added your "linked account" to our app, the steps to remove are different. 

Check this article: Add or remove email accounts in the Yahoo Mail app

Pro 'Hoo

John-thanks for your reply to my Q. Before I follow your steps, a quick Q: should I be doing this on my phone App or on the web version or does it not matter?

Pro 'Hoo

Also, just to add: when I click on Account Info I receive an error message "account info is not availavle for this account". I see this message whether I choose my primary or secondary email account. I am therefore unable to follow the steps in: "Link or unlink other email account". 

Any other thoughts? 

Pro 'Hoo

I would attach screenshot of error but can’t seem to do this!
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Marla-13

Sub accounts linked to a main account can be unlinked via Yahoo Mail app or web browser. Are you posting with the account that you're trying to remove? 

Pro 'Hoo

John-I did it! I managed to delete the "not good" email accounts using the web version.

My Q. now is this: what is the *correct* way of adding an email account-not a linked one, but just an additional secondary sub account-without linking them? 

Do I click on + add another mailbox or manage accounts and then + add account? I think the latter (as opposed to the former) but just want to be absolutely sure!

Many thanks and best regards,

Marla

Highlighted
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Marla-13

Yes, you're right! I'd recommend to do it via "Manage accounts", scroll down and select "Add account". This way the accounts are independent from each other and can be easily accessed from the app. Smiley Happy

Pro 'Hoo

Thanks a million John for your swift replies. I really appeciate it.

Best regards,

Marla Smiley Happy