cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

We're having trouble signing you in.

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

We're having trouble signing you in.

I haven't accessed my email account  in a considerable amount of time.  Having recently logged in, I recieve this error message:  We're having trouble signing you in.If you continue to experience issues, please contact customer care.

My understanding is that after a period of time, your account gets deactivated.  I was curious if there was a way to restore my account.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: We're having trouble signing you in.

@major_wedgee

Looks like the mailbox may have been deleted. If they aren't accessed for a year or more then they're removed for inactivity and any emails within are unrecoverable.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

Is it possible to recover the e-mail address either through you or deleting and re-creating the account?

Official 'Hoo Staff

@major_wedgee

I can contact our engineering team to create a new mailbox, but it will be totally blank, like a new account. Should I go for that?

Pro 'Hoo

If you could be so kind as to recreate the mailbox, it would be absolutely life-saving for me.  I don't mind if the mailbox is empty.  I'm desperate because this is my back-up e-mail account, and other internet account on other websites use this e-mail as the restore account.

Thank you,

major_wedgee

Official 'Hoo Staff

@major_wedgee

Sure thing. I got this up to our team for you.

Pro 'Hoo

Thank you so very much.  Will I get a notification when everything is done? If not, I can be patient and check back in every so often.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@major_wedgee

I'll keep an eye on it today and let you know about any updates.

Pro 'Hoo

Sounds great.  Thank you again.

Pro 'Hoo

Well, thanks for helping with this.  It looks like they brought back my mail account, but instead of being maj**_we***@yahoo.com, it's b**_***_fr****@yahoo.com .  Hate to be a bother, but is there a way to get the e-mail address maj**_we***@yahoo.com? That's what I use to sign in, and if I try to create an account with that name, it says it's already taken.

Thanks,

Major_wedgee