cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Recover cleared cache

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Recover cleared cache

I cleared my cache and now all the attachments in my mails are gone. How can I recover them?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Recover cleared cache

@Mark_angel

If you open up the email in the Sent folder, do you not see the attachments? If needed, take a look at the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to see if that fixes the issue.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
17 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Mark_angel

Are you signed into the account in question? I checked out the mailbox and saw a few emails with attachments.

Pro 'Hoo

Yes I'm signed in. My photos folder is completely empty. Also, the clip icon is not showing anymore in any of my old mails.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Mark_angel

I didn't see any really old emails in your mailbox. Have you submitted an email restore yet?

Pro 'Hoo

Yes I already did. The .missing attachments were from my sent mails.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Mark_angel

It looks like the attachments are there, even though the icon isn't showing. How many emails should be in your Sent folder?

Pro 'Hoo

There are 2 sent mails. Before I cleared my cache all related attachents photos are available in my photos folder. I tried forwarding the mails in question but the recipient did not receive any attachments. Are you saying that the mail attachments were not affected when I cleared my cache? How can I save them in my unit?
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Mark_angel

Clearing the cache shouldn't have affected the attachments. If you open the email, can you see the attachments? What if you save them and forward them attached to a new message?

Pro 'Hoo

"The clear cache function description says "we will keep you signed in.to your account. We will only remove data associated with emails, attachments etc..." so I can't think of any other reason why I can't see .my attachments anymore. I've done open ing my emails and forwarded to another recepient but no attachment is found.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Mark_angel

Where did you see this clear cache function?