cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Problem syncing ymail emails in Windows 10

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Problem syncing ymail emails in Windows 10

I am new to Windows 10 and my ymail emails will not sync in the mail app.  Other emails accounts sync but not ymail.  Keeps telling me my account is out of date and keeps asking for password but it won't save the password.  What other settings should I check?  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Problem syncing ymail emails in Windows 10

I'm not so sure what this security change affects other apps....but it did fix my sync problem between yahoo and windows 10 mail app.

Thanks.

19 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

You may need to enable app access. Here's how.

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
Pro 'Hoo

I am using Windows 10 on a PC as my main system, not on an Ipad or Iphone (although I do have them).  The syncing is not working on my PC.  Will your solution work on PC or just IOS?  Also, what do I do if I temporarily change to a less secure log in?  How do I ensure that my log in is secure IF the syncing works in Windows 10?  Thanks

Administratin' 'Hoo

That article includes a lot of third party mail clients, including the one you're likely using on Windows 10. We can't guarantee your login will be totally secure, but we've added that feature to allow customers to use less secure mail clients. You may consider adding extra security to your computer and passwords.

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
Pro 'Hoo

Not sure I understand your reply, sorry.  Are you saying that obpnce I opt for a less secure log in to possibly allow the sync, then I can't revert to a secure log in?  If so, how do I add extra security to my computer and particularly my passwords?  Thanks

Administratin' 'Hoo

That's not something we can help with as we do not have a password management app or security software, so we cannot recommend anything on that front. Someone else who is not a Yahoo employee may be able to offer guidance there.

You can always disable that setting once enabled, but then your mail app won't work. So you can pick one way or the other. You can always use Yahoo Mail via your web browser which would be more secure.

Pro 'Hoo

In answer to your recent email - No I did not get an answer to my problem and the final response was not very helpful at all!  So I still cannot sync my Yahoo emails in Windows 10!

Official 'Hoo Staff

Hello,

Have you tried to allow access from your "Account security" settings?

1. Go to your "Account security" settings.
  2. Select Allow apps that use less secure sign in.
    - To turn off, you can simply deselect.

Hope this helps!

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

Pro 'Hoo

Since I made this post I have downloaded the Yahoo Mail app but still the emails will not sync.  I am very reluctant to change to a less secure access, although I did temporarily try it and it still didn't sync.  One thought?  When I set up the Yahoo Mail account, I chose "Yahoo" as the "server" - this may not be the right word.  Is this correct?  Or should it be something like Outlook?  I have tried several troubleshooting suggestions and am still getting notifications telling my my account settings are out of date! 

Official 'Hoo Staff

Hello,

I recommend that you completely remove the Yahoo Mail account settings from your email client, then save the changes and close the program. Then reconfigure the account again.

For full configuration details please read the article Set up Yahoo Mail on a mobile device with POP or IMAP.

Thanks

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda