cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Not receiving emails - every morning!

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Not receiving emails - every morning!

Help! For the past several days, my email seems to go into suspension mode sometime late in the evening, and thru next morning. I'm able to log in and go thru the motions of sending, but anyone who emails me gets 554 message and I receive nothing. Emails that I send don't actually go anywhere. I changed my password a couple days ago, but problem persists. How do I reach Yahoo for help??
554: delivery error: dd This account has been temporarily suspended. Please try again later. - mta1074.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Not receiving emails - every morning!

@TrishaLynne,

I see that the account is now receiving mail. Please test your account once more. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
15 REPLIES
'Hoo Recruit

Latest twist - I was able to successfully send an email to my @Rogers.com account, but when I try to send from my @ rogers.com to my @Yahoo.com, I still get the 554 reply and nothing arrives at @yahoo.com! So frustrating as I just signed up for the yahoo account a few weeks ago so I can eliminate my dependency on rogers...but at least there there's someone to call to fix things Smiley Sad
Official 'Hoo Staff

@EmilySigalBaird

I went and forwarded this information up to our engineering team to look into for you.

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

Official 'Hoo Staff

@EmilySigalBaird I got feedback on your case. It seems that you added a few external accounts to your Inbox in a short period of time. The system found your mailbox size suspicious - too much growth too fast - and temporarily blocked your traffic. We have unlocked the restriction and you should be back up and running. 

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

'Hoo Recruit

Thank you! My mail finally came back last night, after 5 solid days off (in addition to 3-4 mornings prior). I'll keep that # in case I need it in the future.
'Hoo Recruit

Thank you but all I'd done was to connect my existing accounts to my new yahoo one, exactly as I'd done on my @Rogers account that I'm trying to move away from. Good thing I didn't just cut that one off as I couldn't receive emails for 5 solid days plus several partial days. Very very frustrating, having just told all my contacts to change my address to this new one. Most frustrating of all was having absolutely no way to make direct contact with someone at yahoo who could help me. Now I'm afraid of telling people to switch back here again as there's no telling whether I'll be cut off again without warning... Why wouldnt you at least give people warning of some activity is concerning you? How was I to know that adding accounts so I could access them all here would trigger suspension? Maybe add this as a warning next to "add account" option?
Pro 'Hoo

It's been about a week that I have not received any mail, which people have sent to me. I havent even gotten spam emails.  I have 2 different yahoo accounts and none of them are getting emails and i always got emails every day.  Please help

thank you

'Hoo Recruit

Unfortunately, it seems the only way to fix this is to wait 4-5 days until an official Yahoo person checks into the issue and corrects things... Mine was finally fixed yesterday. It is odd that this happened to all your accounts at once. For me it was just one account. I wasn't receiving anything at all there, even spam. But interestingly, I was able to send email. Good luck!
Pro 'Hoo

I can send, but when they send me emails I dont get anything. Not even spam coming through

Official 'Hoo Staff

@TrishaLynne,

I see that the account is now receiving mail. Please test your account once more. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!