cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
We have planned maintenance Sep 28, Midnight to 4 am PT. We don't anticipate any downtime.

Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

No Internet Connection Message

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

No Internet Connection Message

Everytime I open my mails ,I have received "No Internet Message". It gives us frustration and irritation that makes our work slower. I have read solutions in the forum but it doesn't help. Somebody help me fix this problem ! Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: No Internet Connection Message

@SLAM28

If needed, I would try clearing the cache in your browser and using a supported web browser like Firefox or Chrome to see if that helps.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
4 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@SLAM28,

On the web browser do you currently have an Ad Blocker enabled? 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

recently I have .  But I have disabled it .

Official 'Hoo Staff

@SLAM28

If needed, I would try clearing the cache in your browser and using a supported web browser like Firefox or Chrome to see if that helps.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

Re: No Internet Connection Message...WORKAROUND

I discovered this workaround on my Mac.  I have had the problem for years.

When my Mac "wakes up" is when I run into the "No internet connection" message and have to wait several minutes for it to clear.  Here's the workaround:

Turn OFF the internet. Wait a second or two.

Turn ON the internet.

It is as if the code somewhere in Yahoo is explicitly waiting for NO internet and then waits until there IS internet.  It is that explicit transition.  So when the computer comes out of sleep, the internet will immediately come ON.  But Yahoo is waiting for NO internet. If you are saying this makes no sense, I agree!

Don't the engineers at Yahoo have debuggers so they can duplicate and track down these problems?  I hope they are encouraged/required to use Yahoo email.