cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Error: delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection with mta5.am0.yahoodns.net

New 'Hoo

Error: delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection with mta5.am0.yahoodns.net

Greetings,

We have been getting following error while sending to Yahoo contacts, its happening on almost all of our Yahoo contacts since last week, can someone help me understanding why this is happening. Please let me know if any additional information is required.

<@yahoo.com>: delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection with
mta5.am0.yahoodns.net[98.138.112.32] while sending RCPT TO

Final-Recipient: rfc822; @yahoo.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;@yahoo.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection
with mta5.am0.yahoodns.net[98.138.112.32] while sending RCPT TO

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES
RZ7
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Error: delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection with mta5.am0.yahoodns.net

Hi

A  friend who has a Optusnet account received the following error when trying to respond to my yahoo email.  My friend is also experiencing this error with other yahoo addresses.

Now my friend is not getting any error messages at all as we have tested the sending a email to my yahoo account via her mobile phone and their apple mac laptop and I did not receive the emails.

I contacted Optus and they could not see any issues.  I feel it is yahoo's DNS server protocols that is causing the block.

This is the error she is getting.

Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection    with *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*[***Phone Number Removed - Learn more.***le sending RCPT TO

Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Error: delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection with mta5.am0.yahoodns.net

@RZ7

We've looked into the error you received and ran some maintenance on the mailbox to help resolve it.

If you keep seeing this error message, it means your mailbox has been getting an unusually high number of emails recently. At this point, the best thing to do would be to unsubscribe from mailing lists to keep the number of incoming emails down. It may also help to wait a few hours before sending any emails from the account.

While we do offer 1 TB storage in Yahoo Mail, we also have safeguards in place to ensure that people do not abuse the service in keeping with our Terms of Service.

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

RZ7
'Hoo Recruit

Hi Thank you for your reply.  I am sorry maybe I did not explain that I did not receive this error my friend who has an optus account received an error after replying to my emaill sent to her.  The email did not make it to me who has the yahoo email address.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@RZ7

Apologies, I wasn't clear. The maintenance performed should resolve your issue. I know your contacts were the ones receiving a delivery error. 

Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!

RZ7
'Hoo Recruit

Hi 

Thank for your help.  The issue has not been resolved.  My friend now is not even getting a message stating the email has not been delivered.

She can send emails to Gmail accounts but not to yahoo accounts.  She receives emails from yahoo account but cannot send out.

looks like DNS service rules are doing something

I contacted Optus and they ran some tests and could not find anything.  They sent me an email and all worked fine.

Please advise  thank you 

Highlighted
Official 'Hoo Staff

@RZ7

If your friend is experiencing the error when sending to other Yahoo email addresses, then the problem lies on his side or with his mail provider.

Their mail admin will have to contact our postmaster department here.