cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Emails won’t delete on iphone

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Emails won’t delete on iphone

I can’t delete emails or get the messages to show as read when using my iPhone. They will on a PC but not through the mail app or Yahoo mail app. Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Emails won’t delete on iphone

@TravisBSinger

We're currently working with Apple to resolve syncing issues with the native iOS Mail app. In the meantime, using the Yahoo Mail app or web browser should work. Did you try to troubleshoot the Yahoo Mail app at all, like removing and re-installing it?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
12 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@TravisBSinger

We're currently working with Apple to resolve syncing issues with the native iOS Mail app. In the meantime, using the Yahoo Mail app or web browser should work. Did you try to troubleshoot the Yahoo Mail app at all, like removing and re-installing it?

'Hoo Recruit

I did try the Yahoo mail app and it had the same issues. I will try re-installing it now.
New 'Hoo

WOW.....I can not get direct Yahoo Technical Support..is this normal ?????

I can ONLY access this Help Community.......WHY ?????

Suddenly my Yahoo accounts on my iPhone 8+ and iPhoneX won't load e=mails....I keep getting "No Content: error msg.....I can't delete messages....I keep getting "can't move msg" error msg......I delete messages and they reappear......I have deleted all my Yahoo acounts and re-installed MULTIPLE times !!!!!!

Is Yahoo just not compatible with Apple iOS ??????

Or is Yahoo just falling apart ????

Help.....anybody out there....OR....even someone that acrtually works for Yahoo Technical Support....if that department actually exists.....WOW !!!!!

And I see I have to check the box to get e-mail when someone here replies......am I going to actually receive these e-mails of am I going to get "no content" error messages ?????

Official 'Hoo Staff

@kr8033

I got this up to our engineering team for you.

New 'Hoo

I have the same issue like kr8033 since 10 days. Please help us!

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Andreas10

On it. I got your info up to our team as well.

Pro 'Hoo

I tried the Yahoo app but it is showing "inbox zero". At least the native mail app shows the subjects of my emails even though I can't mark them as read and sometimes can't read them

Pro 'Hoo

Same here. On native iOS mail app I just see the subject lines but can't read the emails or mark as read or delete etc.

So this "help community" tell sme to try the official Yahoo Mail App so I tried that and it is even worse, it is showing "inbox zero" when my account has thousands of emails

Pro 'Hoo

Please get this fixed. I rely heavily on my iPhone for managing email and it has been very frustrating to have to go on the computer to read emails or even to mark as read or flag