cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Emails missing

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Emails missing

Checked my emails today, I'm missing emails from 10:40 pm on april 10th to  11:20 am today.

A lot of these are important emails so I'm pretty upset that a weeks worth of emails would vanish like this. Seems like others are having similar issues.

I submitted a request already but it seems that it only goes back to 7 days? Kinda sucks if that's the case. My phone caught all the emails in between those dates so I do have a back up to some extent, but It's harder to manage and access all those emails through the phone when I need various emails for buisness reasons.

Hope this is just a glitch and everything will be restored.. but not having high hopes. =( 

Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Emails missing

Please also be aware that a POP or an IMAP client may have deleted your messages. A POP Client is an application such as Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird, while an IMAP client is a mobile device such as a BlackBerry, or iPhone.

Please check all the folders in iOS mail and move messages back to the inbox. Unfortunately if you can't find them, they're already gone and we can't restore them. Once messages have been deleted by an IMAP client, it's removed from your Yahoo Mail account and aren't recoverable.

We also recomend checking the instructions for configuring POP settings for your mail client to make sure it's up to date. iOS updates often change the settings of the Mail app without telling the user which causes these types of issues.

Thanks 

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
GL
Pro 'Hoo

This morning I found the same problem. My mails from March 29 to today 10am are missing suddenly. Later I saw them in "Recent". When I tried to move them to Inbox, it said the mails are already in Inbox. This made me believe the mails are not lost. They just don't show up.

I figured out a way to see them, though it doesn't necessarily mean I got them back. This is how I did. First in Setting I switched the Mail version to basic instead of Full featured. Then I searched mail using my username as keyword. voilà, all the lost mails appeared, including those in Trash folder.

Note, if you search in Full feature version (so called newest Yahoo mail), the search may not work. It did not for me.

Tags (1)
73 REPLIES
'Hoo Recruit

Emails missing on my account online, but not when I check my inbox through another system

On my desktop today, the last 5 days of mail in my Inbox were missing, but they are all on my iPhone.  How do I get them back on my computers?

Pro 'Hoo

I (and others) have this problem with sent emails.   Yahoo needs to fix this right away.  Can anyone say Class Action?

Official 'Hoo Staff

Hi there, We performed some back end maintenance on your account which may resolve the issue. I also didn't see any restorations done on the account. Please use the steps in this Yahoo Help article to request a recovery to the time closest to when you last saw the messages. Unfortunately we can only go back 7 days. 
Hope this helps. Thanks 

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
Pro 'Hoo

As mentioned, I've already requested for the restoration for 7 days. The case number regarding that is :  19995708 

As for the back end maintence, that's great that you are performing it. I hope to see all my emails back at some point whenever that is finished. As of now the 10 days worth of email still is missing; but I know this takes some time. 

Thanks for responding and being aware of my issue.

Pro 'Hoo

@ Glolinolaw

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having this issue thanks for informing that isn't just me.

@GolinoLaw wrote:

I (and others) have this problem with sent emails.   Yahoo needs to fix this right away.  Can anyone say Class Action?

'Hoo Recruit

ALL Emails from April 13th - April 19th are MISSING from all folders, including sent and inbox! Please fix Yahoo!!  Or please let me  know how to retreive these from your server immediately.  Thank you!  Suzie

Pro 'Hoo

My drafts have disappeared too.  This has become intolerable.  Yahoo must fix immediately.

New 'Hoo

ALL of my emails prior to April 8, 2016 are missing. How do I restore them?
Pro 'Hoo

Emails from April 3 on disappeared

According to my browser (have seen this in both Firefox and Chrome), all of my emails from April 3 onwards have disappeared across all folders (Inbox, Sent, the folders where I save things, even the Trash).  This happened sometime between 6 am and 9 am Eastern today (April 20).  I tried Yahoo's "Quick Fix Tool" and that revealed no issues.

Strangely, my iPhone's Inbox folder still shows these "after April 3" missing emails -- though all of my other folders show no emails whatsoever (not even the ones before April 3).  I have deleted and re-added the account on my iphone to no avail.

It seems from others' posts that I am not the only one to have experienced this issue today.  I realize I can put in a request to restore deleted emails from the last 7 days -- but it seems the issue may be bigger than this (e.g., iPhone account and web showing different emails) so I don't have confidence this will fix the issue.  Can someone from Yahoo assess from the server logs what may be going on?