cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Mail Community Contest 6 (Apr 27, 2018 - May 25, 2018)

Crashing iPhone mail app

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Crashing iPhone mail app

iPhone 5c 10.2.1: Yahoo mail crashes Mail app. Worked fine for 5 years. Crashed app. Fixed by turning off Yahoo mail account on iPhone mail, deleting account and recreating the account in mail settings on iPhone. Crashed againNow this doesn't fix it. No idea. Please help. Is this a bug?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Crashing iPhone mail app

@J1234, Please understand that we cannot troubleshoot the iOS Mail app but you however, can contact Apple for that since it is their app you're using. There is no "Tier 2" as this is the only support channel.

Now here are the options you have again for this issue.

1) Contact Apple for troubleshooting for their iOS Mail app

2) Use your phone's web browser to access Yahoo

3) Install the Yahoo Mail app (recommended)

Again, Yahoo cannot troubleshoot or will work on this issue as it's a third party app you're using. Thanks.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
16 REPLIES
Highlighted
Administratin' 'Hoo

That sounds like an issue with your iPhone's Mail app. We can only suggest what you've already tried as that is not our Mail app so we don't manage it or have any control over how it works. We recommend accessing Yahoo Mail from the Yahoo Mail app or from the web browser until the app issue is resolved.

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
Pro 'Hoo

All due respect, my gmail account and work account are doing just fine with Apple mail. I think l you have an obligation to investigate/support apple mail integration if Yahoo expects to be viable. Why wouldn't I or the millions of users probably experiencing this just stop using yahoo mail altogether as the other mail providers work just fine with apple?
New 'Hoo

My Yahoo mail did the same thing on my iphone this morning.  i have no inbox emails! Gmail is working fine, though, so it's definitely not the phone, it's yahoo.

Pro 'Hoo

Thanks for the reply! Solidarity in numbers. Yahoo!!! Do something!! Or we are leaving your mail service!! I have already started using your competition!
'Hoo Recruit

Same problem on iPhone 5 - started Feb 4.   Have deleted yahoo and reinstalled several times - works for a few days then dies again.  Working ok on iPad also with OSX 10.2.1.  Please help

Administratin' 'Hoo

We suggest using the Yahoo Mail app as we can troubleshoot and correct any issues with our own app.  If you are having trouble with the native iOS mail app, please contact Apple support.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

All due respect Nixon, the paradigm of helping only when you are 100% certain that it is some other company's fault is dead. Yahoo is the company that should be called into question, for the following reasons:

A. The Apple Mail app works perfectly fine with other mail services, as everyone on this thread is reporting: Gmail, etc.

B. If we were to contact Apple about this, they would certainly point to the fact that it is working perfectly fine, and they would ask us to report it to Yahoo.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@J1234, Please clear cached files and cookies and reconfigure your Yahoo Mail settings which may help. As stated before, since it's not the Yahoo Mail app that's having the issue, we are limited to what we can do here. Please understand that we cannot troubleshoot an Apple Mail app as it's not our product to do so. We do not have the coding information on how it operates so realistically, it can't be done! As suggested, please contact Apple for troubleshooting, use your phone's web browser to access Yahoo, or install the Yahoo Mail app. Those are the options available for this issue. Thanks.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
'Hoo Recruit

Can you be more specific about steps you want us to follow?  I have removed Yanoo mail from the IOS app, and re-added the mail server using the default Yahoo wizard.  As previously stated this works for a day or so then the crashes again.  The crash goes away once Yahoo mail is turned off (don't have to remove the yahoo server to access other mail), but when yahoo re-enabled it crashes until the yahoo server is deleted and re-added.

Alternatively, can you identify change made at the server side around Feb 1 that may have lead to this problem?