cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Close email account

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Close email account

I am trying to close an sbcglobal.net email account.    I get to the final termination page and when I click Terminate, I get this message:   Uh oh, looks like something went wrong. Please try again later

Ive been trying all day and continue to get this error.   HELP?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Close email account

We can't help with sbcglobal accounts. Why not just ignore it and it will disappear after a year of non use.

Get help with an AT&T, Frontier, Verizon, BT, Sky, Rogers, Spark, or MTS account or password

If you have a Yahoo Mail account through one of the Internet service providers (ISPs) mentioned above and need assistance with your Internet connection, updating your password, or unlinking your Yahoo Account your ISP can help.

Contact your Internet service provider

Choose from the directory below to get contact info, support links, and password help.

AT&T accounts

• As of June 28, 2017 you will no longer be able to access most Yahoo sites and apps with your AT&T login. However, we’ll maintain your access to Flickr, Tumblr, Fantasy Sports, Yahoo Groups and My Yahoo for a few more months. You must transfer all information you wish to save to a new separate Yahoo account. There is no change to email.

Frontier accounts

Verizon accounts

BT accounts

• Call them directly
    • From a landline: 0800 111 4567
    • From a mobile phone: 0330 123 4567*
    • From abroad: +44 179 359 6931**

Calls to 0800 numbers are free from UK landlines. Mobile costs are set by your provider. Some mobile providers allow free use of 0800 numbers.
    * All numbers starting with 0330 are charged at a national rate and are included with free mobile minutes.
    ** Call charges are based on the country you call from.

• Go to their help site - BT Help Support
  • Change your password - BT

Sky accounts

Rogers accounts

Spark accounts

MTS accounts

Want to separate your accounts? Contact your ISP with your Internet user ID and ask them to unmerge or unlink your Internet and Yahoo accounts.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
2 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

We can't help with sbcglobal accounts. Why not just ignore it and it will disappear after a year of non use.

Get help with an AT&T, Frontier, Verizon, BT, Sky, Rogers, Spark, or MTS account or password

If you have a Yahoo Mail account through one of the Internet service providers (ISPs) mentioned above and need assistance with your Internet connection, updating your password, or unlinking your Yahoo Account your ISP can help.

Contact your Internet service provider

Choose from the directory below to get contact info, support links, and password help.

AT&T accounts

• As of June 28, 2017 you will no longer be able to access most Yahoo sites and apps with your AT&T login. However, we’ll maintain your access to Flickr, Tumblr, Fantasy Sports, Yahoo Groups and My Yahoo for a few more months. You must transfer all information you wish to save to a new separate Yahoo account. There is no change to email.

Frontier accounts

Verizon accounts

BT accounts

• Call them directly
    • From a landline: 0800 111 4567
    • From a mobile phone: 0330 123 4567*
    • From abroad: +44 179 359 6931**

Calls to 0800 numbers are free from UK landlines. Mobile costs are set by your provider. Some mobile providers allow free use of 0800 numbers.
    * All numbers starting with 0330 are charged at a national rate and are included with free mobile minutes.
    ** Call charges are based on the country you call from.

• Go to their help site - BT Help Support
  • Change your password - BT

Sky accounts

Rogers accounts

Spark accounts

MTS accounts

Want to separate your accounts? Contact your ISP with your Internet user ID and ask them to unmerge or unlink your Internet and Yahoo accounts.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
New 'Hoo

Thank you.     I'll pursue it with AT&T   I really want to close the account because its not my primary account and I'm recently getting lots of spam.