cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

All inbox emails disappeared

SOLVED
Established 'Hoo

All inbox emails disappeared

The morning of July 2nd, while en route to the airport I was checking my emails on my iphone as is VERY typical! Once I landed on the plane, all messages were gone! I started to receive incoming messages as usual, and those are still there. But I have YEARS of messages that have disappeared! I have submitted TWO Yahoo Customer Support Tickets to "Recover lost or deleted emails". I have received TWO Yahoo Customer Care emails with empty content...and still my emails have not been retrieved. There is no place for me to leave a note...there is no email or phone number to contact a live person. What else can I do?? I waited until I returned from my vacation to submit the request, but I don't want the 7 days to lapse since that is the time frame it states they can recover. 

(I use an imac and Apple Mail...the messages are not there either...as the two mailboxes are always in agreement with each other. I looked in Trash and Spam folders and messages aren't there...in addition, it is not because of filters.)

I literally made no account changes when this happened. I was traveling and looking at my phone, which I do 20x per day for years...and they vanished!!

Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: All inbox emails disappeared

Hi @lyfb - Any messages that can be restored will re-appear in your mailbox within 24 hours. If you’re not seeing all the messages you expect after 24 hours, it’s because they were no longer recoverable. For additional information, please visit our Yahoo Help page: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html.

I'm going to run some backend maintenance on your account which may also resolve this problem.  Please allow up to 24 hours for it to complete (you can still use your email during this time)

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
55 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi @lyfb - Any messages that can be restored will re-appear in your mailbox within 24 hours. If you’re not seeing all the messages you expect after 24 hours, it’s because they were no longer recoverable. For additional information, please visit our Yahoo Help page: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html.

I'm going to run some backend maintenance on your account which may also resolve this problem.  Please allow up to 24 hours for it to complete (you can still use your email during this time)

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

I am having the same problem. It happened last night. I dont have a single email dated before July 5th. Ive had this email for years and to all of a sudden lose every single email. Is unacceptable. There are a lot of emails ive had the last couple years with memorys, important business, etc. This is not ok. Ive trusted in yahoo for the last 4-5 years and poof my Email history that entire time is gone. This is not just some glitch from an App. Emails dont disappear that fast and that many. Im talking hundreds of important emails.

LMo
'Hoo Recruit

I had the exact same issue.  Everything in the Inbox disappeared that was more than 2 weeks old.  The emails were not in the trash can.  Yahoo... please help with the glitch and how to recover.

Pro 'Hoo

Everything on my email that is 2 days or older from years back has all deleted.  What is going on? could this be a yahoo technical issue?

Established 'Hoo

Any comment as to why I receive messages from Yahoo Customer Care with the Subject "Yahoo Mail Message Restore Request" but the message is empty?? I looked on the web mail, mail on my iphone, and Mail on my Imac -- all locations show an empty message. I received this message about 10 hours after my request to restore emails.

I still can not believe that I have NO emails in my Inbox before July 2nd!!  Incoming mails still work. But I have YEARS  of messages that were my reference for purchases / receipts, job contacts, personal business -- all the typical reasons that you entrust an email account! This is absurd that there is not a better fix.

And what is even crazier -- I believe this happened to me before 1-2 years ago, but it was restored then.

It's been 24 hours since my first restore request. I'm very puzzled by these blank emails which don't explain anything!!

Established 'Hoo

And just another thing to note -- sent emails are still in tact, and well as emails that were filed into folders. It seems to be only the INBOX emails that are missing. But still I had many years of emails that weren't filed in a folder!

Pro 'Hoo

Did you ever get this resolved??

If so, what did you do to get it fixed.

Many thanks.

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@Derek15

If any of your Yahoo emails have gone missing in the last 7 days, we can try to restore them for you.

Recover lost or deleted emails

'Hoo Recruit

I had the same problem on July 6, 2016. I woke up in the afternoon and all my emails were gone. I emailed yahoo 8th, it's been about four days now I still haven't seen any recovered mail. Tomorrow would be day 7. Please do something fast. I have years of emails and contact stored up in yahoo email. Please help.