cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Win Now Trade

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

Win Now Trade

In a keeper league with a competitive team.  Generally my defense corps is mediocre so I'm looking for an upgrade.  Considering a trade with a team that isn't competitive now and should be building for the future.  I get Giordano (who at age 35 shouldn't be a long term player) and giving up Seth Jones.  Giordano helps me win now while Jones helps him win later.  Would you make this trade?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sports All-star

Re: Win Now Trade

Definitely not. Giordano is barely an upgrade over Jones in the short term.

Jones was a Norris candidate last year and was injured to start the year. He's having another solid season (on pace for 55 points).

Giordano is having a nice bounceback year after 2 down years, but I don't think he's a major upgrade over the course of the rest of the season.

He's certainly not any kind of major upgrade where you should consider giving up the long-term benefits of Jones. You'd need to get much more than this to make this trade, in my opinion.

4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Sports All-star

Definitely not. Giordano is barely an upgrade over Jones in the short term.

Jones was a Norris candidate last year and was injured to start the year. He's having another solid season (on pace for 55 points).

Giordano is having a nice bounceback year after 2 down years, but I don't think he's a major upgrade over the course of the rest of the season.

He's certainly not any kind of major upgrade where you should consider giving up the long-term benefits of Jones. You'd need to get much more than this to make this trade, in my opinion.

Rookie All-star

I don't see much of a reason to make this deal either. Probably close to a wash for this season, but you definitely want Jones on a go forward basis.

Established 'Hoo

Do not make that trade. Jones is better yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Sports All-star

I agree with everyone else, this is a lose now, lose later trade.  Giordano is having a renaissance this year but Jones is no slouch.  Look at their average stats.  Giordano is just over a point per game compared to Jones' 0.75, Gio has a better +/- and PIM too but Jones gets more blocks and is on the better team (at least the more consistent team).  At season's end, they will be very similar.  Next year, it will be very different.  Keep Jones.