cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Sign up to give us feedback through surveys and/or product test sessions to improve the brands you love!

When does fantasy baseball open for 2018?

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

When does fantasy baseball open for 2018?

New to the game! Wanting to start a league this season though. Im trying to find the date(s) where I can start it up, so I can get my friends together and give them the low down! When can drafting begin? When can I start setting up my leage? 

6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Sports Pro All-Star

Re: When does fantasy baseball open for 2018?

@ahoch

The game usually opens right around the Super Bowl.

Drafting can begin when the game opens.

Sports Pro All-Star

@Knights

Yahoo! does not post the date when the game opens.

Previous posts have stated the first week in Feb and around the super bowl, which is the first weekend in Feb.

Telling your league 1/25 or 1/26(corrected) is setting yourself up to look bad.

Sports Pro All-Star

@smitty53

Actually you are right and wrong.

You are wrong because Yahoo! does not come out and publish a specific date their games open.

You are right that some folks, like me, checked "important dates" in the help section and found that Yahoo! had updated that info before the game actually opened.  However, that help section was not published in a forum, article or location that was easily accessible by all players.

Yahoo! learned from that mistake, and no longer posts the updates to the help section regarding "important dates" until the game actually opens.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-baseball/sln14218.html   the dates are 2017 dates.

Sports Pro All-Star

@Bane

The baseball launch date has 0(zero) to do with the super bowl squares game.

Administratin' 'Hoo

Mid-February is the official timeline we're now allowed to acknowledge. We're hoping for sooner! 

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
Official 'Hoo Staff

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball players, we hear you! We are working to make our product ready for another fantastic season. Fantasy Baseball will be opening in the next 2 weeks. You will have plenty of time to get your league setup as the season doesn't start until March 29th. Thank you for your patience.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
456 REPLIES
Sports Pro All-Star

@ahoch

The game usually opens right around the Super Bowl.

Drafting can begin when the game opens.

Official 'Hoo Staff

No exact ETA but sometime in early Feb is most likely. Keep checking the Yahoo Fantasy homepage for updates.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
Established 'Hoo

Last year, registration opened on January 26th. That was 10 days before the Super Bowl.

Established 'Hoo

Last year it opened Thursday Jan. 26.  the year before that it was Thursday the 28th.

I would think it would open Thursday the 25th

Pro 'Hoo

Your post is neither acceptable nor worthy of a kudo. For more substantive information, see the the 2 posts below yours. Neither one is filled with Yahoo generalities.

Pro 'Hoo

The above post is for Brian B, who claims to work for Yahoo. I find this very believable. 

Pro 'Hoo

CORRECTION: Change that to AlexB. (Maybe I could work for Yahoo.)

Contributin' 'Hoo

Can't really get in the baseball right now.  says it down for some reason.    

'Hoo Recruit

I'm getting that error too... Smiley Sad