cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
We have planned maintenance Sep 28, Midnight to 4 am PT. We don't anticipate any downtime.

Sign up to give us feedback through surveys and/or product test sessions to improve the brands you love!

Keeper league trade - Betts/Rendon for Bellinger/Marte

Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

Keeper league trade - Betts/Rendon for Bellinger/Marte

In my h2h points keeper league, where players draft value is based on the round they were selected the year prior,  I've been offered Mookie Betts (2nd) and Anthony Rendon (3rd) for my Cody Bellinger (15th) and Ketel Marte (16th). 

So, essentially I'd be trading Cody Bellinger's future for Mookie Betts present. I have some other good keeper options if I don't keep Bellinger: {Correa (14), Corbin (21), Clevinger (18), Castillo (17), and Soto (15)}. But I had thought Bellinger would be a centerpiece of my offense for years.

Thoughts? 

8 REPLIES
'Hoo Helper

Re: Keeper league trade - Betts/Rendon for Bellinger/Marte

depends on what place you are in. If you are in first or close to first make the trade for betts and rendon. Betts is the best player in the trade, maybe the best player in the game besides trout. Rendon is way better than ketel marte too. If you aren't in the tops of your league sometimes you need to plan for the future. Bellinger has had some ups and downs this season but has been turning it on. So his value as a keeper is strong. Marte I don't think has much keeper value, but that's just me. I thought it was Starling Marte which would make it a better trade. Again need to know where you stand. First or close, take betts, out of playoffs keep bellinger... answer mine if you can. thanks. 

Established 'Hoo

Thanks. Yeah, definitely still in the hunt, so it makes sense to push for now. 

Trusted 'Hoo Helper

Betts side easily. Mookie Betts is not even remotely old, so I'm not sure how this isn't Bellinger's future for Betts' future, plus you get Rendon while giving up an asset in Marte that's unlikely to carry any substantial fantasy value. The difference in keeper cost is easily worth it. It's a pretty lopsided trade in my opinion.

Established 'Hoo

The issue is that I wouldn't keep Betts for a 2nd rd pick vs Bellinger would be obviously kept for a 15th. It's a difference of about 170 draft picks between where the two players will be selected next year. But I do get that Betts is far and away the best player. 

Trusted 'Hoo Helper

Wow, honestly I don't know how you wouldn't keep Betts even if you were giving up the first overall pick.

In these leagues, a 2nd round isn't the equivalent of a traditional 2nd round pick. A number of players will be kept, and for the most part they will be in later rounds.

So you will have all those keepers out of the player pool and more than likely the entire first round of players and possibly part of the 2nd round before you even get to your 2nd round pick. I doubt you would ever be able to select a player close to the 2nd best fantasy player in the league with that pick.

Established 'Hoo

It has to do with opportunity cost, but I see your point. Thanks for the input. I'm leaning towards accepting it and letting keepers shake out after the season. 

'Hoo Helper

Id take the trade and you keep Betts for a 2nd. **bleep** be a top 5 pick next year so if you win, you give up the last pick in the 2nd to keep a top player everyday of the week. 

Trusted 'Hoo Helper

You think too much. Betts is a stud.