cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Getting Westbrook

SOLVED
Contributin' 'Hoo

Getting Westbrook

I give: Klay Thompson and Jeff Teague

I get: Russell Westbrook and Demare Carroll

I had offered him Dennis Smith Jr. instead of Teague, but he countered with this.  I don't know what to think about Teague.  He played well, was injured for long time, and is playing well again.  Klay is finally warming up too.  But, it is Westbrook, and he would definitely help with my PG situation.

10 team league, standard 8 category scoring, my team currently:

Chris Paul

Klay Thompson

Jordan Clarkson (only had him for a couple games)

Kevin Durant

Clint Capela

Kent Bazemore

Hassan Whiteside

Tomas Satoransky (picked him up when Wall went down because I needed a viable PG)

Dennis Smith Jr

Willie Cauley Stein

Eric Gordon

Joseph Nurkic

Pascal Siakam

Jeff Teague

Will Barton (IR)

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rookie All-star

Re: Getting Westbrook

@Henz 

Hi Henz. Good to see you back my friend. 

Westbrook is the best player in the deal, so I would go for it.

Clarkson has been playing well, so you have a few SG's to fill in for Klay, and Barton is coming back. 

12 REPLIES
Highlighted
Rookie All-star

@Henz 

Hi Henz. Good to see you back my friend. 

Westbrook is the best player in the deal, so I would go for it.

Clarkson has been playing well, so you have a few SG's to fill in for Klay, and Barton is coming back. 

'Hoo Helper

I wouldn't just because Westbrook will kill both of your percentages and the only category that you will markedly improve in is rebounds. And while Carroll is hot now, I doubt he would remain on your roster for the rest of the season

Contributin' 'Hoo

Thanks Jimmyboy....good to see you too.

That's kind of what I was thinking (esp. with Barton coming back, hopefully soon).  And, while I agree with the other response that I probably won't have Carroll on my roster for the whole year, I could say the same for Clarkson, so I think that's a wash.

Thanks again.

'Hoo Helper

How does Clarkson make Carroll a wash? If anything it strengthens my point because it means you will have 2 (and I would include Smith Jr in that to make it 3) fluid roster spots which makes a 2v1 less ideal since you need the depth.

Anyways, I am admittedly biased against Westbrook but I think the difference between him and Thompson is miniscule. In fact, if you want you can go to your team log and then add Westbrook's season FGM, FGA, FTM, and FTA to your numbers and see how far they fall. I did that in a past year when considering a trade for him and my FG% went from 2nd place to 9th (compared under Team Stats)

Contributin' 'Hoo

LOL.....because I'm stupid and was talking about two different trades at the same time.....sorry for the confusion.

I'll have to check out that comparison.  Not sure I've seen that before.  Thanks for the tip.

Contributin' 'Hoo

Update to the trade.....I took a shot and it worked.....he has now offered me Westbrook and Bledsoe for Klay and Teague.

I'm taking that trade.

Thanks guys.

Rookie All-star

@Henz 

Hi Henz. 

With Bart/Baze both hurt, you may be a bit too thin at SF? Any decent ones available on the FA wire? 

Pro 'Hoo

I don't necessarily disagree with your points here, but here's some info just for fun.

So far this season, Westbrook is getting the same amount of FGM as Klay, on just 1 extra attempt per game. So Westbrook's 42% isn't that much of a difference to Klay's 45% as the volume is roughly the same.

Now I agree more with the FT shooting, Wesbrook is averaging 62% on more than double the attempts as Klay. So obviously less % on more volume will bring your team's % down. But even still, it wouldn't be to the point of me not accepting a deal.

Not trying to nitpick, you just sparked my curiousity so I looked into it and was surprised at what I found. I assumed that with Klay being the much better shooter that the discrepency in FG% and FGA/FGM would be much bigger. I guess all those dunks help raise Russ's overall FG%. It wouldn't matter for fantasy purposes, but I'd like to see a stat comparing JUST jump shots between the two. That would probably be a MUCH bigger difference lol.

Contributin' 'Hoo

Jimmyboy....yeah, I thought about that....I've got a couple other trades in the works that might help me there, but if they don't, I'll probably stream the Clarkson spot until I find someone I can live with.