cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Sign up to give us feedback through surveys and/or product test sessions to improve the brands you love!

D. Watson or T. Taylor or Jimmy G ?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

D. Watson or T. Taylor or Jimmy G ?

Watsup guys,

First time posting, looking forward to hearing different opinions and advice

10-team Standard scoring league, with Pass TD's counting for 6.

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, Flex W/R/T, K, Def

My question is should I go with Deshaun to start for week 2 at QB, Tyrod, or Jimmy G? I have Watson and Jimmy on my team already. I would probably drop E. Ebron or Vikings D for Tyrod.

Experts are saying Watson, but my gut is telling me Tyrod.

Rest of Team:

B. Cooks

N. Agholor

J. Brown

A. Kamara

M. Gordon

Z. Ertz

C. Thompson (Or should I go A. Morris or P. Barber?)

H. Butker

Rams D

Appreciate the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
'Hoo Helper

Re: D. Watson or T. Taylor or Jimmy G ?

It's a tough question, to be sure, and I'm a little biased, because I have a few shares of Watson myself.  He does have a better matchup this week, but then the Titans are a little banged up and may be running with a backup QB and a 2nd-string TE, not to mention an injury-limited Corey Davis.  So there's the chance that the Texans could get up a coupla TDs and then run the wheels off of Lamar Miller and the other RBs if Tennessee isn't able to mount any kind of a threat to the Houston defense, leaving Watson with a 180 yard, 1 TD game.

So given what New Orleans gave up to Ryan Fitzpatrick last week, I can certainly understand why you might drop Garoppolo to go with Tyrod for this matchup--Cleveland is not very likely to be resting on a lead at any point in this game--but it seems so obvious that if feels a little like a trap, too.  Watson is probably the solid floor, low ceiling, safe bet, and Tyrod is the death-or-glory option that will leave you looking like either a genius or an idiot.

Death or glory is usually more fun than safety...

8 REPLIES
Established 'Hoo

Personally I agree with your gut, I think Tyrod is in for a good week, unless NO finds their footing. With that in mind Watson is probably the safer bet. Either way I would never hold 3 QBs on my roster unless it's a super flex.
Pro 'Hoo

First off, thanks for the response!

I agree with 3 QBs being pointless, but I feel like my team is solid everywhere.

Would you still think Watson is the safer bet if Fuller and/or Hopkins don't suit up?

Secondly, who should I drop for T. Taylor?

Jimmy G

M Goodwin

A Jeffreys

A Morris

P Barber

E Ebron

Baltimore D

Appreciate the insights as always

'Hoo Helper

Holding 3 QBs isn't much weirder than holding 2 Ds, but did you really spend the draft capital on Deshaun Watson just so you could bench him in Week 2 for a waiver wire pickup?

I guess I can see holding two top Ds like you have so you can play the matchups a little during the season, so honestly, if you just HAVE to play Tyrod's matchup this week, I'd drop Garoppolo and count on starting Watson most weeks, using your 2nd QB slot for a matchup streamer during the season (like you're doing this week).  It's not like Garoppolo looked that great in Week 1; he'll probly still be there on the wire if you want to re-acquire him later.

'Hoo Helper

Oh, I din't see all that on your bench.

I definitely wouldn't be starting either Barber or Morris over Chris Thompson, and with the other RBs you have, I doubt if you ever start either one of them, barring injury.  But I'd still probly drop Garoppolo if you can't resist the Tyrod tug.

Pro 'Hoo

AxeElf,

Thank you for the thoughtful comments.

I absolutely agree that not starting Watson seems like a waste of a draft pick, but then again I don't want to get stuck playing him (If he keeps struggling) just because I used a draft spot for him.

IMO, Watson is due for a comeback, but Tyrod is a rushing QB too playing in a hopefull shootout of a game.

So, final thoughts: Watson or Taylor for this week?

'Hoo Helper

It's a tough question, to be sure, and I'm a little biased, because I have a few shares of Watson myself.  He does have a better matchup this week, but then the Titans are a little banged up and may be running with a backup QB and a 2nd-string TE, not to mention an injury-limited Corey Davis.  So there's the chance that the Texans could get up a coupla TDs and then run the wheels off of Lamar Miller and the other RBs if Tennessee isn't able to mount any kind of a threat to the Houston defense, leaving Watson with a 180 yard, 1 TD game.

So given what New Orleans gave up to Ryan Fitzpatrick last week, I can certainly understand why you might drop Garoppolo to go with Tyrod for this matchup--Cleveland is not very likely to be resting on a lead at any point in this game--but it seems so obvious that if feels a little like a trap, too.  Watson is probably the solid floor, low ceiling, safe bet, and Tyrod is the death-or-glory option that will leave you looking like either a genius or an idiot.

Death or glory is usually more fun than safety...

Pro 'Hoo

Btw AxeElf,

I added T. Taylor without dropping anybody Smiley Happy

Forgot I could put Alshon or Marquise in my IR slot

Thanks for the help

Contributin' 'Hoo

Sounds like your basing your moves on 1st game of the season results. Maybe you would have liked to have played Flacco last night?  Myself I think that Jimmie G has a much better matchup against the happless Lions then Tyrod has against the Saints.