cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Ayton for First Round Pick (Zion?)

'Hoo Recruit

Ayton for First Round Pick (Zion?)

Keeper League and I have Ayton. Will likely finish in the bottom of the division. The other person that might finish last has offered firt round pick for Ayton (so locking me up for pick 1 and 2 of next years draft). 

Should I trade Ayton, or upside for Ayton too much and I should keep him? (which would potentially make me lose out on Zion next year)

5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Rookie All-star

Re: Ayton for First Round Pick (Zion?)

@TheRealShahid 

Hi Shahid. 

If the other manager is offering next-year's 1st Round pick for Ayton, there's a good chance he/she will try to salvage this season. There's no guarantee the pick you will recieve will be a #1 or #2. 

Rookie All-star

On the flip-side ~ 

I don't know if your league has any rules about "punting" the season, but the 2 of you could be in a tank-battle for last place. If you do not come in last, you will be losing both Ayton and next year's #1. 

It's definately a risk/reward trade, in my opinion. A little heavier on the risk.

'Hoo Recruit

Thanks for the reply!

Little more details...the trade is acutally Drummond and First Round Pick for Ayton and 3rd round pick.

There are rules for tanking, but looking like its either myself or the team Im trading with finishing last (so if I did trade, say 95% possibilty I get 1st and 2nd picks of the draft).

Yup see the risk here through, any thoughts considering my update on this?

Rookie All-star

@TheRealShahid 

With the added info, I'd go for it. 

If there is a very strong chance you can have both 1 and 2 picks in next year's draft, plus Drummond, it's worth the gamble in my opinion. 

Pro 'Hoo

So if I'm reading this correctly, the two possibilties are, 1: You keep Ayton and still have a (most likely) top 2 pick.

Or you trade Ayton and have 2 (most likely) top 2 picks?

I think I'd rather have Ayton and 1 pick. It's still WAY too early to figure out what kind of NBA player Ayton will be long term, but he's also shown enough by now that he's not going to be a complete bust. So I'd consider him more of a sure thing compared to the unknown that comes with the draft pick. With my luck, I'd take the 2 picks and at least 1 would end up a bust 3 years later with Ayton is leading the league in scoring and rebounding lol.