cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Sports Community Contest 6 (Nov 21, 2017 - Dec 12, 2017)

Amari Cooper????

Highlighted
Contributin' 'Hoo

Amari Cooper????

The guy in my league has Cooper and he is sick of him, totally pizzed at himself for drafting him so i think i could get him for much less now than any other time.  My question is do you think he will bounce back to what he was supposed to be a WR1 or is he just not living up to expectations?

8 REPLIES
'Hoo Helper

Re: Amari Cooper????

I had him last year, and he's very frustrating.  IMHO, he's not a WR1 because Crabtree, and to a lesser extent Cook, are their main endzone targets.   I personally believe that there are at least 10, maybe as many as 15 WRs who will outscore Cooper over the course of the season because he's only good for about 6 TDs in the year.

'Hoo Recruit

I think he'll bounce back and end up having a good season. Maybe not to the level we thought he may be at this year during the draft but he's so good when he's right its hard to not try to buy low right now... All depends on how bad his knee injury truly is though. I know he's a really tough dude which may be a bit of a bad thing cause he plays through injury so well and its usually in a bit of a decoy role he plays when hurt so I'd probably wait to make sure no knew news comes out about it before committing to a trade. As always it also depends on your roster construction and what you'd have to give up to get him? Upside is unreal tho if he's healthy. If he's cheap enough and you won't be forced to play him right away I'd say jump on it. If you'd have to play him I'd wait to hear injury news and make sure he's practicing before committing. Sounds like 2 bench warmers may get it done though. Good luck

'Hoo Recruit

I agree hes more a WR2-3 now than the fringe WR1 he was thought to be when drafted..  regardless of injury news

'Hoo Recruit

Not sure why dude is talking like being a Top 10-15 WR for the year is a bad thing? 

Contributin' 'Hoo

if he is a top 15 WR by the end of the season after these first 3 games subpar games then i would consider that WR1 numbers since he is not even in the top 50 as of right now.  I am not exactly sure what it will take but i think Lamar miller and a bench WR might get it done.  That would leave me with Zeke, D Murray and Cohen at RB with AJ Green, Cooper, Alshon Jeffery and Tate at WR.

Sports All-star

I never considered him a WR1.  Over the last few years Crabtree has scored more fantasy points than him and you can draft him later.  Ive got quite a few shares of Crabtree and would not consider drafting Cooper at his ADP.  Last year he didnt have a TD in the redzone.  Crabtree catches more balls, so if it is a PPR league thats a plus, and he gets more TDs.  I just sat back and laughed at those that thought Cooper was going to be a stud this year, he has never given me a reason to think that would happen.  He is a WR2. nothing more.

'Hoo Helper

I'd question Cooper as a WR1.  I'd say WR 2/3 with WR1 poitentail

Pro 'Hoo Helper

I wouldnt give up that much foor cooper.  if you can get him cheap then yeah but I had him last year and he drove me nuts.  He only had like 3, maybe 4 good games and the rest were belwo average.  Cooper either gets you one of them big games or 40 yards.  His TD totals are always weak (at least so far) and every week I feel he is too good to sit but then he doesnt do much many times.