cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

yahoo.com vs ymail.com

SOLVED

yahoo.com vs ymail.com

My existing Yahoo email account ends in ymail.com.
I need the account to include yahoo.com with the same username for both Yahoo.com and email.com.
I try to create new account with same username but using yahoo.com.
The create account application tells me the account already exists, so I go to the login and it tells me no such address is recognized. This is really goofy. I need to have "**Username Protected**@yahoo.com as my email address ending so I can get my concert tickets from flash seats.com. Can anyone help?!

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: yahoo.com vs ymail.com

Greetings @chastainmichell

Domain extensions in Yahoo Mail - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN2153.html?impressions=true

Yahoo made changes to the way their system sees domain address.  Your account ID plus ymail.com and your account ID plus yahoo.com are different email addresses so at one time you would have been able to create the yahoo.com account you seek but now that Yahoo has made their change it won't be possible.  All new Yahoo account will use the Yahoo.com domain but if you currently have a Yahoo account using another Yahoo domain like ymail.com you're not going to be able to make a new account because Yahoo sees that account ID as already in use.  If you tried to send email to your account ID plus yahoo.com you would get a bounce back message saying the email can't be delivered and you wouldn't be able to sign into that account since it doesn't exist.

The only thing you can do is to contact flashseats.com and let them know you gave them the wrong email address and ask them to send them to your Ymail address.

There is a way you could try to create the Yahoo.com account you seek.  First you would need to close your ymail.com account.  Next you wait for Yahoo to delete the account so that the email address is no longer in use.  You will want to send emails to your Ymail account until you get a bounce back message saying the email couldn't be delivered because the account has been deleted.  After that you can start trying to create the Yahoo.com account you seek.  You'll like have to try multiple times but I wouldn't try more than three times a day.  People that have been successful at this say it took them on average three years from the date the account was deactivated.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
1 REPLY
Mail Pro All-star

Re: yahoo.com vs ymail.com

Greetings @chastainmichell

Domain extensions in Yahoo Mail - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN2153.html?impressions=true

Yahoo made changes to the way their system sees domain address.  Your account ID plus ymail.com and your account ID plus yahoo.com are different email addresses so at one time you would have been able to create the yahoo.com account you seek but now that Yahoo has made their change it won't be possible.  All new Yahoo account will use the Yahoo.com domain but if you currently have a Yahoo account using another Yahoo domain like ymail.com you're not going to be able to make a new account because Yahoo sees that account ID as already in use.  If you tried to send email to your account ID plus yahoo.com you would get a bounce back message saying the email can't be delivered and you wouldn't be able to sign into that account since it doesn't exist.

The only thing you can do is to contact flashseats.com and let them know you gave them the wrong email address and ask them to send them to your Ymail address.

There is a way you could try to create the Yahoo.com account you seek.  First you would need to close your ymail.com account.  Next you wait for Yahoo to delete the account so that the email address is no longer in use.  You will want to send emails to your Ymail account until you get a bounce back message saying the email couldn't be delivered because the account has been deleted.  After that you can start trying to create the Yahoo.com account you seek.  You'll like have to try multiple times but I wouldn't try more than three times a day.  People that have been successful at this say it took them on average three years from the date the account was deactivated.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue