cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

still receiving duplicate emails

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

still receiving duplicate emails

Off and on multiple times any given day, I am receiving duplicate emails that I delete and they keep coming back to my Inbox.  Yahoo does not seem to have an equitable solution for this issue.  Is there any solution for this.  I have been using yahoo for years now.  Please advise.

Most thanks,

Patrick Q

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: still receiving duplicate emails

@seewig,

The duplicate emails when using a third party email client is due to that client duplicating the emails when pulling the from our servers. You would need to contact Microsoft for assistance with their product. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
14 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@gikyo123,

Are you receiving these duplicate emails at yahoo.com or are you using a third party client such as Outlook? 

If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

Thru yahoo.com.  That is what I use for my personal mail.

Thanks,

Patrick Q

Official 'Hoo Staff

@gikyo123,

When you delete these emails how long does it take for them to reappear? 

'Hoo Recruit

Anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours usually.

Thanks,

Patrick Q

Administratin' 'Hoo

Next time those emails appear, can you try clearing your trash after deleting them to see if that helps them stay gone?

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
'Hoo Recruit

Your solution appears to have worked.  How does emptying my trash can get those duplicate emails from coming back??  Certainly a strange solution in my mind.  Anyways most thanks!!

Patrick Q

Moderatin' 'Hoo

Hi @gikyo123

Clearing the trash folder removes the information from the account, so that it can't move back to the inbox.

I'm glad this resolved the issue for you!

Thanks!

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!

Another example: Did we help you today? Did another customer? Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know!

You can also give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for giving and receiving these. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the 'Known Issue' boards for the latest details.
Established 'Hoo

I use Windows Live Mail (12) and I am  receiving endless duplicates lates was 8 identical duplicates. When I eliminate previous emails, they still come back. In the "send and receive " tool I can see some 4000 emails waiting to be delivered, and the totals hardly ever go down. Only if I totally delete a certain time period, it stops delivering. 

Established 'Hoo

back to add  more: meaning to say that "it stops delivering these emails of a time period" the others are still mysteriously multiplying

@seewig wrote:

I use Windows Live Mail (12) and I am  receiving endless duplicates lates was 8 identical duplicates. When I eliminate previous emails, they still come back. In the "send and receive " tool I can see some 4000 emails waiting to be delivered, and the totals hardly ever go down. Only if I totally delete a certain time period, it stops delivering.