cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

email alias still accepts mail after removal

'Hoo Recruit

email alias still accepts mail after removal

I have removed my alias email address but when I test it, the emails still come through.  It isn't listing it in the settings under mailboxes, but if I send to the alias email address, it still puts them through.  Shouldn't the alias address no longer be a working address if I removed it?

Thanks for any help you can give.

5 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: email alias still accepts mail after removal

@Soohbee

It looks like you have several aliases on the account. Can you give us the first and last letter of the one you're having trouble with?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

That is incorrect.  I have one alias and one disposable.  I am interested in removing the alias. 'S' and 'n'

Thank you.

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@Soohbee

Checking the account I currently see that you have 1 Alias address(In the "Mailboxes" tab under the "Email Aliases" drop down). If that is the one you are referring to, clicking on it should open the some more options for the alias Including the "Remove Alias" button. Let us know if you are still experiencing the issue after removing it.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.
'Hoo Recruit

Yeah, I did a that a number of times.  It disappears temporarily, then reappears again and remains useable, sending and receiving.

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@Soohbee

Does this issue also occur when using a different browser? Also make sure you try these steps for further troubleshooting.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.