cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

bug: forwarding an email adds 2 unwanted lines

Established 'Hoo

bug: forwarding an email adds 2 unwanted lines

I receive an email which contains 5 lines in the body:

I click to forward the message. The email looks like this:

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: (receiver)
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 1:51 PM
Subject: forward test

I delete the 'Forwarded message" part. The email then looks like this:

I send the email. The received email looks like this:

Note that there are TWO lines added between the first line (the 1) and the second line (the 2)
WHY?

Please fix this bug.

Thank you.

13 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: bug: forwarding an email adds 2 unwanted lines

@Quadrant

Ok, let me get this up to our engineering team for you.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Established 'Hoo

Thank you very much!!

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Quadrant

If you don't delete the ----Forwarded Message--- part of the email when forwarding, does an extra line appear? Could you be deleting the text, but keeping the space there?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Established 'Hoo

I need to send you a document with screenshots and it does not appear I can paste the screenshots here in this reply.  Is there a work around for this?

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@Quadrant

You can email the file to your own email address then let us know so we can take a look. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.
Established 'Hoo

Email forwarded to myself at 9:01 am.  Subject: example of '2 extra lines added in forwarded email'

See the attached Word doc.

BTW, can you not duplicate this condition?  I tried the same forwarding process on several different computers using different email addresses using yahoo web mail and got the same result: 2 extra lines added.  Try it on your own yahoo email address and web mail and see what happens.

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@Quadrant

I forwarded the additional information to our engineers so they can take a look.

Established 'Hoo

Thanks. I did some more testing. I use Chrome so I switched to Edge and performed the same tests and the same problems occurs – almost. In Chrome, 2 blank lines get added between the first and second lines. Using Edge, 3 blank lines get added before the first line.
If I switch to Plain Text, the problem almost goes away. No extra blank lines are added, but the font of the first line changes.
I’m no HTML expert, but in looking at the code it appears that there are nested <div> and <p> blocks I can’t edit using the WYSIWYG GUI. Someone needs to take a look at the HTML code.
Thanks for your help.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Quadrant

I've forwarded your last findings too.

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda