cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Yahoo and Yahoo Mail Freezing or crashing mainly while using Chrome browser

SOLVED
Established 'Hoo

Yahoo and Yahoo Mail Freezing or crashing mainly while using Chrome browser

For the past 3-4 weeks, whenever I'm on Yahoo Mail or Yahoo in general while using the Google Chrome browser, it either freezes up for extended periods of time or crashes altogether. However, when I use it on Internet Explorer, a browser I absolutely hate with a passion, it happens much less frequently, but it has happened with that browser too. What the **bleep** is going on here and how soon can this probelwm be fixed???????????? I need an answer ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Yahoo and Yahoo Mail Freezing or crashing mainly while using Chrome browser

Hi @rbm917

Looking into the account I see that everything is in sync. Many times latency issues can be attributed to the web browser saving older information. Have you cleared out your browsers history? 

Clear your browser cache:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/SLN27196.html?impressions=true

Thanks!

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
38 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Hi @rbm917

Looking into the account I see that everything is in sync. Many times latency issues can be attributed to the web browser saving older information. Have you cleared out your browsers history? 

Clear your browser cache:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/SLN27196.html?impressions=true

Thanks!

If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Established 'Hoo

Been ther and done that and it still DOES NOT solve the problem one bit!!!!

Official 'Hoo Staff

Hello @rbm917

We are still not seeing any issues reported with Yahoo Mail. Please double check the browsers being used to make sure they are up to date. 

Supported Web browsers:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/SLN4556.html?impressions=true

Thanks!

Established 'Hoo

The browser is up to date and nothing has been solved at all!!!!!!!!!! I'm still forced to use IE, which I hate with a passion!!!!!!!!!!

Established 'Hoo

For the past two months I have continually had my computer freeze when using Yahoo site on both Internet Explorer 11.09 and Chrome.  Everything I do on the site, news, finance, mail freezes.  My IT group has rebuilt my computer thinking it was an indicator of some larger problem.  The same thing occurs each and every day. Along with Shockwave crashing.  My tech engineers believe it relates to yahoo's content/images/pop up videos etc. 

YAHOO what will you do?  

YAHOO, if you don't troubleshoot the problem I will have to by finding another site for these services.

Established 'Hoo

I've been have the same problem using Mozilla Firefox and it happens when I'm in my AT&T/Yahoo Mail page.  If I leave the page up for longer than a minute I'm risking the chance of my computer practically freezing up.  Mouse movement is drastically slowed and can't do anything.  Eventually have to either hit reset button on computer or if I have the time I might eventually get to where I can shut Mozilla down.   It has something to do with the ads on the right side of my Yahoo Mail page.  Please get this fixed!!!  I've gone through trying to opt out of the ads using the directions provided but none of that works.

Pro 'Hoo

Message writing is a PAIN! There are frequent pauses and stops for no apparent reason. It is much easier to go to my Gmail account where things go much more predictably(same laptop used). Will I need to notify my friends of a new email?

@rbm917 wrote:

For the past 3-4 weeks, whenever I'm on Yahoo Mail or Yahoo in general while using the Google Chrome browser, it either freezes up for extended periods of time or crashes altogether. However, when I use it on Internet Explorer, a browser I absolutely hate with a passion, it happens much less frequently, but it has happened with that browser too. What the **bleep** is going on here and how soon can this probelwm be fixed???????????? I need an answer ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Established 'Hoo

I have the same issue since I updated to Win10. It happens with IE and Chrome. Mostly the problem is while trying to type an email, it freezes to the point where my typing does not come across. Clicking the cursor does not respond. After a while, it will come back, but only for a few letters at a time.

Did a tech chat and of course the first thing they say is to reboot, duh. Done that a hundred times and shut it down every night. Second was to empty cache and cookies, duh duh. Browser is set to do that every time I exit. So the next thing he said was try Chrome. Well it seemed to work ok so I said thanks and good by. Ten minutes later it happens on Chrome too. Sometimes I get Chrome stating the web page is not reponding and then the 'Oh Snap' message.

Yahoo mail is the ONLY place this happens to me.

Very frustrating.

Established 'Hoo

Again, Again, Again...Chrome or no Chrome....reboot or no reboot....Yahoo email freezes.  It would be "appreciated" at the very least, to be responded to.  Maybe it's just me because I am no computer expert, but shouldn't email be simpler than this?  JH