cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Yahoo Webmail (an error occured when sending the message)

New 'Hoo

Yahoo Webmail (an error occured when sending the message)

When I create a email using Yahoo Webmail and try and send it it errors out with

"an error occured when sending the message"

the message remains in the draft folder

I can duplicate this with Chrome, Firefox and other browsers and different computers.

I have read as many posts as I can on this subject and nothing seems to help. I cant even send an email to myself.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Yahoo Webmail (an error occured when sending the message)

Greetings @BrokenBroken

Is this question about a Yahoo account ending in Yahoo.com, an ATT account (att.net, sbcglobal.net, bellsouth.net, etc.), or some other account?

Are you posting this question from the account having this issue?  What was the last time you were able to successfully send emails from this account?  Can you receive emails that are sent to this account from another account?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
New 'Hoo

Thanks Arthur

(Is this question about a Yahoo account ending in Yahoo.com, an ATT account (att.net, sbcglobal.net, bellsouth.net, etc.), or some other account?)

This if for an acount ending in yahoo.com

(Are you posting this question from the account having this issue?  What was the last time you were able to successfully send emails from this account?)

Yes I am posting from the malfunctioning acount, its been about 6 days we have not been able to send email.

(Can you receive emails that are sent to this account from another account?)

Yes, recieve works great

Official 'Hoo Staff

@BrokenBroken

It looks like you were able to send a few emails after you fixed the sending name. Does everything seem to be working now?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare