cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Unable to send mail

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Unable to send mail

I am getting an error message "We encountered Issues while sending message"

I am able to send mail via my iphone app but not via my desktop using Chrome. Any tips on how to resolve?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderatin' 'Hoo

Re: Unable to send mail

@nrotem

Please check out this link for some details about what might cause this.

12 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@nrotem

I checked out the account and everything seems to be working fine. I was able to send a test email from the account to itself without any trouble. If needed, take a look at the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to see if that fixes the issue.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

unfortunately this issue is not resolved. I have gone through all of the suggestions for clearning cache, etc. and I still cannot send or reply to email from my laptop. I can however send mail from my mobile device. Is there an issue with having the account being open on two devices? Any other suggestions?/

Official 'Hoo Staff

@nrotem,

I have tested the account once more and was able to send from yabhoo.com form Chrome. Please test the account once more. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

I'm not sure what to say, it doesn't work for me. I can't send any email from ymail while on my laptop in chrome. I see the drafts in my iphone app and am able to send there, but not from my laptop. Is the issue that I am logged in on 2 devices? Shouldn't that not be an issue? It's been a week of this, would love to find a permanent fix.

Below is the error message:

"An error occured while sending this message"

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@nrotem

You can try resetting your modem or router and then reconnecting your laptop to your WiFi. Then try sending an email again.

Also, there shouldn't be any issue caused by the fact that you have your account connected on two devices at the same time.

Pro 'Hoo

This has not solved the problem. I am still unable to send email from chrome on my laptop.

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@nrotem

Do you get the same error when trying to send from a different browser?

Pro 'Hoo

Yes - same error message.

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@nrotem

When sending from your mobile device, do you use the same connection (WiFI) as the one on your desktop computer?