cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Unable to send and receive emails

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Unable to send and receive emails

I’ve not been able to send or receive any emails in my inbox for the last four days. However, I do receive junk mails.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderatin' 'Hoo

Re: Unable to send and receive emails

@VT826

I made some changes to your account because we were unable to fix this matter. You will need to wait for the system to reset itself.

Also, please check out this link to learn why you encountered this issue and how to avoid it in the future.

11 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @VT826

Are you trying to do this from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?  What browser or app are you using to try to do this?  Are you using Yahoo Basic, Yahoo Classic, or the New Mail to do this?  Are you seeing any messages when you are trying to send emails?  When you send an email to this account from another account what happens?  Do you get a bounce back message saying the email couldn't be delivered?  Do you see this message in the Inbox, Spam, or Trash folder on any of your devices?  When was the last date that you could send or receive emails using this account?  When was the last time you had signed into this account from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
'Hoo Recruit

Hello,

I've tried everything from laptop (safari), desktop (chrome and iexplorer), iphone, android tablet. I have the new yahoo mail. I can see this message in the forum only. When trying to send an email, I get an error message stating "an error occured when trying to send this message". When I send an email to this using a different account, I do get a bounce back. Strangely enough, I'm able to receive Junk mails, up-to-date. The last time I was able to send or receive any emails normally, through the inbox was 6/28/18.

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @VT826

Do you see the error message stating "an error occured when trying to send this message" when you send this message from your laptop, desktop, iPhone, or Android tablet?  What app are you using on your iPhone and tablet to view your Yahoo mail?   

FYI - Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. 

Supported Web browsers - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/update-browser-sln4556.html

You said you get a bounce back message when you send an email to this account, what does that bounce back message say as the reason the email couldn't be delivered?

Since this appeared to happen on 6-28-2018 what emails did you send that day and what device were you using to do that?

'Hoo Recruit

Do you see the error message stating "an error occured when trying to send this message" when you send this message from your laptop, desktop, iPhone, or Android tablet?  What app are you using on your iPhone and tablet to view your Yahoo mail?   >> I received this message when sending in Chrome and Safari. sending from iphone and androids are unresponsive.

FYI - Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. 

Supported Web browsers - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/update-browser-sln4556.html

You said you get a bounce back message when you send an email to this account, what does that bounce back message say as the reason the email couldn't be delivered? >> Here is the bounced back message from **Username Protected**@yahoo.com "I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver the following message. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out........"

Since this appeared to happen on 6-28-2018 what emails did you send that day and what device were you using to do that? I was sending from iphone, which never had any issue. Now I can't send or receive emails from any devices, except junk mails are coming in fine.... I have another yahoo email account on all same devices with no said issues.

With all that said, is my account blocked/hacked?

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @VT826

Suspicious activity detected while sending email - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln3406.html

The article above could be one reason you can't send emails.

If you believe your account was compromised you can check out these two articles.

Recognize and secure a hacked Yahoo Mail account - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3516.html?impressions=true

Find and remove unusual activity on your Yahoo account - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/sln2073.html

For not receiving emails I would check the following.

Emails aren't received in Yahoo Mail - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3517.html?impressions=true

Check the email addresses associated with your account.

In Yahoo Classic put your cursor on the Gear icon
Click on "Settings"
In the Settings box click on "Accounts"
You will see "Email addresses" to the right.
The first email address listed is your primary email address.

In the New Mail click on Settings
Under Settings click on "More Settings"
Under More Settings click on "Mailboxes"
Under Mailbox list you will see all the accounts listed
The first email address listed is your primary email address.

'Hoo Recruit

That’s not very helpful, but thanks for trying... if my account is temporarily suspended, how long does it take before it will be back to normal? It’s been almost a week.
Moderatin' 'Hoo

@VT826

I checked your account. Please try sending an email and let me know if you are able to.

Also, you might want to read this article to learn why you may have encountered this issue.

'Hoo Recruit

Still can’t send email from this account able to receive emails. I’ve tried everything from changing passwords to clearing filters, caches, etc. This new yahoo is fustrating. Never had this issue for the last 20 years using yahoo mail.
Tags (1)
Moderatin' 'Hoo

@VT826

I tested your account. Please try again and let me know if you have any further issues.