cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up.

New 'Hoo

Starting a few weeks ago emails I send to my mother's comcast account bounce back. Some of them get through. It is only hours later that I get a message indicating that some of them are not getting through. 

I DO NOT get an error code, only "Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up."

What is going on?

5 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up.

@avs1

Is this when sending from the web or when using an app? That error message means that we tried to connect with the other server (Comcast) but couldn't because they never responded. Could there be an issue on their end?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
New 'Hoo

Is this issue being looked into.  I am expierencing the same issue only when sending an attachment.  The attachment is only 500kb so file size should not be an issue and the returned response is generic.

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<email removed for privacy>:

This is happening to multiple domains but again only when an attachment is present.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Luthr0n

It may be that the receiving domain doesn't like the attachment. Do plain emails go through normally? Have you contacted the other domain about this yet?

New 'Hoo

Getting this problem whether I send the email from my computer or android phone. Also happens whether or not the message contains an attachement. The peculiar thing is that not all my emails are getting bounced back, only a few. And the bouncing back it not immediate and sometimes takes hours. 

I called Comcast and they are pretty certain that the problem is on the Yahoo side. 

Official 'Hoo Staff

@avs1

Talking with the team, it looks like Comcast may be throttling our IPs. I'm following up to see what needs to be done.