cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Unable to Send Message: "To Prevent abuse....

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Unable to Send Message: "To Prevent abuse....

Getting the error today and not sure why.   I have searched and many have had this issue and solved it.  But it doesn't say how to solve this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Unable to Send Message: "To Prevent abuse....

@Captainmike

From the moment you removed your account from your phone. Hopefully, that was the cause of the issue.

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

12 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Captainmike,

I have performed some maintenance on your account. Please test the ID once more. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

still not working as of 3pm central time July 3

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Captainmike,

Are you noticing this when attempting to send to one specific domain? 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

No have 3 separate domains I am trying to send emails to.  Not working on my phone or yahoo.com

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Captainmike

In order to protect all users, we temporarily block sending on accounts that are flagged with spam-like or suspicious sending habits. If you're seeing "suspicious activity detected" or "account temporarily blocked from sending messages", you'll still have access to your mail and receive messages while you wait for the hold to expire.

Why an account is blocked for suspicious sending habits

Tips to avoid the "suspicious activity" error in the future

• Try sending your email as plain text if it contains hyperlinks.
  • Don't send a large number of emails over a short period of time.
  • Try using Yahoo Groups if you regularly send an email to a large number of recipients.
  • Remove and re-add the account from any non-Yahoo Mail app that may be accessing it.
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!

Pro 'Hoo

Yes I am getting the spam warning.

I have not been sending a lot of emails.   Have not been hacked lately, I know when I have been hacked as my spam folder will will up with bad addresses.   So I have no idea why this is happened.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Captainmike

You might have a message stuck in the Outbox folder of your phone that's causing the issue. Remove your account from any mobile app and add it again.

Pro 'Hoo

I have deleted my email account on my phone.   I am unable to set it back up as it cannot verify the setting, which I assume is related to this issue.   So for now, no email setup that could be sending emails.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Captainmike

Please allow at least 24 hours before trying to send messages again.