cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Sent email not showing up in my Sent folder

New 'Hoo

Sent email not showing up in my Sent folder

I sent an email earlier this week and have not yet received a response so I went into my sent folder today to make sure it actually got sent and it's not there. I then searched my email for the recipient's email address and got this message: "You sent a single message to **Username Protected**@XXX.org in Dec 2018 regarding '2019 cheer dates?".

What does that mean? Where is the sent email, and how can I ensure I didn't get a response which is also lost somewhere?

3 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Sent email not showing up in my Sent folder

@txtania

Checking our logs, I do see that email as being sent from our servers. Usually when emails go missing like this it's because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. Check out this post for more info. If it wasn't received by the recipient, then it might be due to a setting or filter on their end.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
New 'Hoo

Thank you for the additional info. 

If the recipient responded, do you think it would come through on my end ok? Before I email her again, I want to make sure she didn't already reply.

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@txtania

Here is what to look at if you believe an email might not reach you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.