cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Sender Picture

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Sender Picture

The picture that is sent when I send emails is not me. How do I change that. I have a profile picture and that is me but nowhere in there is anyway to change the picture that gets sent when I email, Please help its a picture of a man and I use this email to conduct business, Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Sender Picture

@harperstacey57

Pictures are not sent with email. They are stored individually for your account separate from your contacts. They are called contact cards. When you see a picture it was not sent. It is what Yahoo stored for you from various sources including social sites. Here is further info. Note that you can not make the indicated changes in Beta mail.

Contact/Address Book and Contact Cards

Yahoo maintains 2 lists of contacts.

1. There is your contact or address book which you create. You can quickly see them by clicking TO when composing an email. You can also go to http://contacts.yahoo.com. Nothing is automatically added to them unless you check the option in writing email settings.
  2. There are contact cards which Yahoo creates.

The contact card names appear when you type a few letters into the TO box. They can be deleted by clicking the X that appears. Deleting has no effect on your address book. They are created or updated when you send or receive an email, including spam, or add or change an address in your address book. It can take a few minutes or even hours for the update to take place. Be patient. The staff has indicated that it doesn't always update and you may have to send an email first. You can click on TO to see your address book.

Contact Card details are shown when hovering over a FROM or TO name in sent or received email. The data is extracted from various sources such as your address book and social media. If the information is incorrect you can click the dots in the lower left of the contact card and pick the option to change it. It only saves them for yourself and may ask if you want to add to your address book.

If someone else displays the wrong information then it indicates that their contact cards and/or address book contain bad information. They can also click the dots to update it for themselves.

There is no universal way for you to correct what is displayed elsewhere.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
2 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

@harperstacey57

Pictures are not sent with email. They are stored individually for your account separate from your contacts. They are called contact cards. When you see a picture it was not sent. It is what Yahoo stored for you from various sources including social sites. Here is further info. Note that you can not make the indicated changes in Beta mail.

Contact/Address Book and Contact Cards

Yahoo maintains 2 lists of contacts.

1. There is your contact or address book which you create. You can quickly see them by clicking TO when composing an email. You can also go to http://contacts.yahoo.com. Nothing is automatically added to them unless you check the option in writing email settings.
  2. There are contact cards which Yahoo creates.

The contact card names appear when you type a few letters into the TO box. They can be deleted by clicking the X that appears. Deleting has no effect on your address book. They are created or updated when you send or receive an email, including spam, or add or change an address in your address book. It can take a few minutes or even hours for the update to take place. Be patient. The staff has indicated that it doesn't always update and you may have to send an email first. You can click on TO to see your address book.

Contact Card details are shown when hovering over a FROM or TO name in sent or received email. The data is extracted from various sources such as your address book and social media. If the information is incorrect you can click the dots in the lower left of the contact card and pick the option to change it. It only saves them for yourself and may ask if you want to add to your address book.

If someone else displays the wrong information then it indicates that their contact cards and/or address book contain bad information. They can also click the dots to update it for themselves.

There is no universal way for you to correct what is displayed elsewhere.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
New 'Hoo

The point is "they get from SOCIALS" (the majority come from the internet)  but how can I discover from which social the image is coming? And isn't it a privacy violation? I suppose many people are sending this avatar without realizing it is actually being sent.

A curious thing is this when I tried to reply to this topic, yahoo wanted me to login (why... I was already logged) and drove meto a page where I could choose an avatar which is probably what most of you are seeing. But what if someone wouldn't want to show an avatar coming i.e. from FB? Or another social?