cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Previewing an attachment before sending an email.

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Previewing an attachment before sending an email.

I can't open and check an attachment before I send an email in this new YAHOO mail? I always want to verify the attachment is correct before hitting send and it won' open in this new YAHOO mail. HELP

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Previewing an attachment before sending an email.

@deniseh

Right, currently you can only preview attachments on received/sent emails, but not while composing. You can submit feedback to our team about this here.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Its a bit of a pain, but when you are about to send your email, and attachment, click the "X", to send it to "Drafts". Go to drafts, and select same email. To the right of selected draft, there is a small page icon to the left of the trash bin. Click it for preview.

@deniseh wrote:

I can't open and check an attachment before I send an email in this new YAHOO mail? I always want to verify the attachment is correct before hitting send and it won' open in this new YAHOO mail. HELP

4 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@deniseh

Right, currently you can only preview attachments on received/sent emails, but not while composing. You can submit feedback to our team about this here.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Mail Pro All-star

@deniseh

Since you are attaching it you can see the name. Since the origin is your computer just open it there rather than the email site.

When you view an attachment in email you are actually downloading it to a temp file first. Since it is already on your computer that seems to be a waste of overhead.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Its a bit of a pain, but when you are about to send your email, and attachment, click the "X", to send it to "Drafts". Go to drafts, and select same email. To the right of selected draft, there is a small page icon to the left of the trash bin. Click it for preview.

@deniseh wrote:

'Hoo Recruit

Awesome, that works. Thanks so much.