cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Pop, outlook 2016, Yahoo mail Plus

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Pop, outlook 2016, Yahoo mail Plus

How do i set up Yahoo mail plus on my outlook 2016.   I tried to copy the settings from my old computer but it did not work.  Does anybody know how to do this.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Pop, outlook 2016, Yahoo mail Plus

There is no Yahoo Mail Plus. All the features except for no ads are now free.

In order to use a separate email client, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Thunderbird, to receive Yahoo Mail you can use POP3 or IMAP. In order to send email you need SMTP. The ID is your full address. The password is the same as used on the web. The servers are as follows:

Incoming (POP3)
pop.mail.yahoo.com
SSL
Port 995

Outgoing (SMTP)
smtp.mail.yahoo.com
SSL and TLS
Port 465

Incoming (IMAP)
imap.mail.yahoo.com
SSL
Port 993

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
33 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

There is no Yahoo Mail Plus. All the features except for no ads are now free.

In order to use a separate email client, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Thunderbird, to receive Yahoo Mail you can use POP3 or IMAP. In order to send email you need SMTP. The ID is your full address. The password is the same as used on the web. The servers are as follows:

Incoming (POP3)
pop.mail.yahoo.com
SSL
Port 995

Outgoing (SMTP)
smtp.mail.yahoo.com
SSL and TLS
Port 465

Incoming (IMAP)
imap.mail.yahoo.com
SSL
Port 993

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
New 'Hoo

I tried these settings, but didn't work.  Did you try them?  Success?

Thanks

Brent

@MarineTaz wrote:

How do i set up Yahoo mail plus on my outlook 2016.   I tried to copy the settings from my old computer but it did not work.  Does anybody know how to do this.  

Official 'Hoo Staff

Hi @BrentW

Are you getting a particular error message when attempting to add the account? 

Thanks!

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

Can't add Yahoo account to Outlook 2016 Using IMAP settings

I am at my wits end here. I can't seem to have Yahoo and Outlook 2016 connected using IMAP. I've treid everything in the book, been searching the net for the last 3 days, but nothing seems to be working. Can you please help??! Im really thinking about jumping to Gmail and spare myself more headach and questions without answers.

Incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Incoming server (IMAP): 143, 993, or 995 

Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL

Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 or 465

Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS or Auto

login info

• Email address - Your full email address (**Username Removed**@domain.com.)

No luck. Any help, please.

Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Can't add Yahoo account to Outlook 2016 Using IMAP settings

Hi @Nathunt,

It sounds like the account is not being recognized and authenticating properly. Please try re-adding the account once more using the IMAP setting provided below.

IMAP server settings for Yahoo Mail:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN4075.html?impressions=true

Thanks!

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

All

It is important to note that if you are connecting Yahoo to Outlook 2016, you will need to perform a manual set up process.  This process begins with general information like the outgoing and incoming email server addresses.  Subsequently, you will need to enter the PORT settings, authentication security (SSL) on the Advanced Settings tab which can be found by clicking the advanced settings button on the general setup tab.  Upon doing so, I was able to successfully connect Yahoo mail to my Outlook 2016 without any issues.

See the required settings using the following link already provided in this communication stream:

IMAP server settings for Yahoo Mail:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN4075​.html?impressions=true

Pro 'Hoo

Guys this is simple... have you allowed unsecured apps in your profile?

1. Click here: https://login.yahoo.com/account/security#other-apps

1. Turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in"  and turn off 2 step authentication.

1. Go back to your existing email application and sign in to your Yahoo account again.

Using apps that don't meet Yahoo's recommended security standards may leave your account more vulnerable or less secure.

New 'Hoo

If Yahoo's two step security is so great, you would think Yahoo and Microsoft would find a way to get Outlook to display yahoo mail without disabiling the two step feature Yahoo thinks is important.

'Hoo Recruit

I have tried all of the suggestions mentioned in the blog etc. and I still get the same error message that it can't connect with the server.

Seems others have the same issue, is there anyway to get support form Yahoo?