cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Picture attachment problems

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Picture attachment problems

I just found out that any time I attach a picture to an email, when the receipient clicks on download, they get a large file containing hundreds of my pictures & clips that they can scroll through. I don't even recognize some of these (company logos, product pictures, etc) but some of them are private pictures that I have received in emails from others. I am clicking on the paper clip icon, selecting attach a file, and then just double-clicking on a single picture. How do I attach just a single picture.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Picture attachment problems

I'm not using an app - just accessing from my desktop. It seems to happen everytime I send a .jpg. I'll try to remember to send snipits or .pdf s until I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

thanks

8 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @bwtemp999

Are you posting this question from the account having this issue?  If so can you attach a photo to a new email and send it to the email address you are using to post this question?  Please post the date/time and subject of this test email so it can be viewed.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Pro 'Hoo

Thanks for the reply. Where should I send the email? My own email address? the Help Community no-reply?

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@bwtemp999

You can send it to the email address you are currently signed into and are posting from. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.
Pro 'Hoo

are you saying that anybody on the Message board can get in to my email?!

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@bwtemp999

No, they cannot. Only working Yahoo employees can further investigate.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

OK - thanks

I've sent myself the email

picture attachment 12-10-18 4:38 charlie brown

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@bwtemp999

Just to doublecheck. How are you accessing your account? Are you using any 3rdparty app?

Does this happen when sending to a specific sender or any sender? 

Pro 'Hoo

I'm not using an app - just accessing from my desktop. It seems to happen everytime I send a .jpg. I'll try to remember to send snipits or .pdf s until I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

thanks