cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

POP3 suddenly stopped working

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

POP3 suddenly stopped working

On January 25th, my Gmail account suddendly stopped fetching Yahoo! emails.  Here's the message I see in the Gmail notification settings:

Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password. POP access is limited to Yahoo! Mail Plus subscribers. Please contact Yahoo! Mail's support team for more information. Server returned error: "Server error - Please try again later. [SYS/TEMP]"

I just checked my Yahoo! account and, despite what the error message says, I am indeed an active subscriber to what used to be called Yahoo! Mail Plus.  

I hope someone out there who experienced this problem found a solution!  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pro 'Hoo

Re: POP3 suddenly stopped working

I just "fixed" it...hopefully not just temporarily.  Accessed my Yahoo settings....turned on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in"....and the emails started ***bleep*** in.  Not sure if this implies that Gmail is less secure?  But it works.

4 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

I have a same problem too. I have been a yahoo plus subscriber for few years. And I can't contact yahoo customer support too.

Pro 'Hoo

I just "fixed" it...hopefully not just temporarily.  Accessed my Yahoo settings....turned on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in"....and the emails started ***bleep*** in.  Not sure if this implies that Gmail is less secure?  But it works.

New 'Hoo

Having pop3 message every time i try i sign in to my email, promt me to change my password then cannot sogn into my email on my phone... and every five minutes my phone dings at me with a sign in issue
New 'Hoo

Where is "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" in Yahoo Settings? I'm not using Yahoo Mail Plus I don't think (never paid, but it might have been offered free...) Mine is Yahoo Mail7

@theleeb wrote: