cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Mail Community Contest 6 (Apr 27, 2018 - May 25, 2018)

Name change on sender

SOLVED
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Name change on sender

@shakiroana15

You're welcome! Glad to hear it's working now. Smiley Happy

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
New 'Hoo

Hello . I just want my email only to be sent with my email. I do not want my name to be anywhere on my email. Could you help or fix for me please. Thanks
Mail Pro All-Star

Change Sending Name or Reply-To Address

The following works with the mail website and the Yahoo mail app. Any other mail program or app stores the information in its own settings.

• Hover over the far right gear icon in Yahoo Mail and then click "settings" or "more settings".

• Click "accounts" or "mailboxes" in left column.

• Click on the primary address.

• Fill in the name or reply-to fields.

• The name can be blank and then only the email address will appear.

• If that does not work then just put the email address in the name field.
  • Click "save" at the bottom of the page.

• There will be a separate setting on a mobile device.

• If you are using New mail there is a shortcut to get to mailboxes. Hover over the account name at the top of the left column and click the gear that appears.

Note that this will just change the sending name or reply-to. If a correspondent already has an old name or address it will still appear if they send a new email and not a reply. They must change it in their address book and their contact cards. Contact cards are what appear when hovering over a FROM or TO address. Click the 3 dots in the lower left to change it.

Feel free to Reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my replies are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
New 'Hoo

I'm having this same problem and I've tried everything 

New 'Hoo

i am trying to change my last name when i send emails.  i read your directions but i cannot find the "gear" icon when i have my inbox open.  can you explain exactly where this is?  thanks

Mail Pro All-Star

eyeamj9 wrote:

i am trying to change my last name when i send emails.  i read your directions but i cannot find the "gear" icon when i have my inbox open.  can you explain exactly where this is?  thanks

Upper right next to the envelope.

gear.png

Feel free to Reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my replies are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.