cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Name change on sender

SOLVED
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Name change on sender

@shakiroana15

If you send an email from the account to yourself, does the wrong sending name appear there as well? If a sender has a different name on their end for your address, this will overrule anything you have set on your end.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Pro 'Hoo

Yes, if I send an email to myself, when I type my address appears the correct name. But when I receive it appears the wrong one as a sender.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@shakiroana15

I sent a test email from the account to itself and it seems to match what's listed as your Sending Name in your Mail settings. Is there a specific email in your mailbox where you're seeing a different name?

Pro 'Hoo

So let me be more clear. My address is **Username Protected**@yahoo.com. The name, that I want to appear when I send an email to someone is Oana Antohi (which is also the name that appears in my settings and everywhere I made the changes). Insteed of that appears my old name Alazaroaie Oana, everytime when I send a new mail to anybody, including me.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@shakiroana15

Ok, so it looks like you just need to change the Sending Name on your account. I went ahead and took care of it for you.

Pro 'Hoo

I already have changed my name. It still appears the old wrong name when I send a new mail.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@shakiroana15

It looks like you changed the account description but not the sending name. It should be all set now. Can you test it out to make sure it looks good on your end?

Pro 'Hoo

Trust me when I tell you that my old name appears. I just test it. I could send you a mail just to see it for yourself, but I don't have a mail address.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@shakiroana15

I just looked at the mailbox and I see a message showing the "Oana Antohi" name.If you're not sending from the web, you may need to edit the settings in the app you are using separately. Where are you seeing it differently? Can you give a specific example?

Pro 'Hoo

Yayyy! It is working now! Thank you very much! ❤