cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
We have planned maintenance Sep 28, Midnight to 4 am PT. We don't anticipate any downtime.

Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

My mom has a suspicious email account inside her email.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

My mom has a suspicious email account inside her email.

Hello everyone,

I don't really know how to explain this. But when my mom composes a new message, it puts that it was sent from a weird email, like htyuimuyiytbeufhfjvmgf***Phone Number Removed - Learn more.*****Username Protected**@yahoo dot com, and each time that email address is also put in the CC field of the email. When she sends emails to my gmail, I'll get a second email that was from that odd mailbox.

Her real email is **Username Protected**@yahoo.com. Is there a way we can get rid of this weird mailbox in her Yahoo account? It does it on PC and Android.

I really wish Yahoo had customer service so I could avoid giving her email out like this...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: My mom has a suspicious email account inside her email.

Change Sending Name or Reply-To Address
The following works with the mail website and the Yahoo mail app. Any other mail program or app stores the information in its own settings.

• Hover over the far right gear icon in Yahoo Mail and then click "settings" or "more settings".
  • Click "accounts" or "mailboxes" in left column.
  • Click on the primary address.
  • Fill in the name or reply-to fields.
  • The name can be blank and then only the email address will appear.
  • Click "save" at the bottom of the page.
  • There will be a separate setting on a mobile device.

Note that this will just change the sending name or reply-to. If a correspondent already has an old name or address it will still appear if they send a new email and not a reply. They must change it in their address book and their contact cards. Contact cards are what appear when hovering over a FROM or TO address. Click the 3 dots in the lower left to change it.
Details here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln5714.html

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
1 REPLY
Mail Pro All-star

Re: My mom has a suspicious email account inside her email.

Change Sending Name or Reply-To Address
The following works with the mail website and the Yahoo mail app. Any other mail program or app stores the information in its own settings.

• Hover over the far right gear icon in Yahoo Mail and then click "settings" or "more settings".
  • Click "accounts" or "mailboxes" in left column.
  • Click on the primary address.
  • Fill in the name or reply-to fields.
  • The name can be blank and then only the email address will appear.
  • Click "save" at the bottom of the page.
  • There will be a separate setting on a mobile device.

Note that this will just change the sending name or reply-to. If a correspondent already has an old name or address it will still appear if they send a new email and not a reply. They must change it in their address book and their contact cards. Contact cards are what appear when hovering over a FROM or TO address. Click the 3 dots in the lower left to change it.
Details here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln5714.html

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.