cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Mail Quarantined

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Mail Quarantined

I have an email with a GoDaddy domain address and forward it to my Yahoo account.  I have had no problem with this for five years.  In the past 30 days I stopped getting emails and finally looked in my Spam folder and found them there, saying they weren't delivered because the recipient's email box is quarantined.  GoDaddy is the largest private domain provider in the United States.  Why are you quarantining these?

This seems to be a Yahoo issue based on how many complaints about this I see on the Internet.  I am guessing this has something to do with your security breach and loss of millions of email contacts. Since this appears to be some kind of security fix on your end, I need you to tell me exactly how to fix this.  Again, this is coming from GoDaddy... a HUGE domain provider.

I have read the article associated with the Error message and it doesn't provide any information a person with no coding or technology experience can use. Please fix this.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Mail Quarantined

The larger the domain provider, the more likely some of their IPs will be blacklisted for behavior we've deemed 'unsafe' to enter our system. You'll need to confirm that you're emails are following the deliverability rules outlined in this article. From there you can contact our postmaster team using the 'contact us' icon at the top right, to determine what it is you need to do to stop your emails from going to the Spam folder.

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
Pro 'Hoo

I think I fixed this last night and perhaps you could use my solution to help people out.  Basically, all that is needed is to go into the Forward settings in Outlook 365 and click that box that says "Include From Address"... that fixed it.  I wish the article attached to the original error message I received spelled it out that simply.  Would have saved me a lot of time last night.

Bigger issue:  Yahoo needs to alert people when this is happening.  You should send an email from Yahoo Admin to the user to say "An email has been quarantined and is now in your Trash."  There were important emails that got moved into my Trash and I never would have known it.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@TEX2 Hi there, Here's a community post regarding this issue which may help. It may also help to provide the exact error messages you are getting. Thanks.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
6 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

The larger the domain provider, the more likely some of their IPs will be blacklisted for behavior we've deemed 'unsafe' to enter our system. You'll need to confirm that you're emails are following the deliverability rules outlined in this article. From there you can contact our postmaster team using the 'contact us' icon at the top right, to determine what it is you need to do to stop your emails from going to the Spam folder.

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
Pro 'Hoo

I think I fixed this last night and perhaps you could use my solution to help people out.  Basically, all that is needed is to go into the Forward settings in Outlook 365 and click that box that says "Include From Address"... that fixed it.  I wish the article attached to the original error message I received spelled it out that simply.  Would have saved me a lot of time last night.

Bigger issue:  Yahoo needs to alert people when this is happening.  You should send an email from Yahoo Admin to the user to say "An email has been quarantined and is now in your Trash."  There were important emails that got moved into my Trash and I never would have known it.

'Hoo Recruit

Re: Mail Quaranteened??

WHY IS MY EMAILS BEING QUARANTEENED. I SEE THAT OUTLOOK

IS CONTROLLING THE SITUATION. I'M SO TIRED OF RECEIVING MESSAGES

FROM THE POSTMASTER THAT MY EMAILS ARE BEING REJECTED, THIS

IS RIDICULOUS!! HOW CAN I FIX THIS??

Official 'Hoo Staff

@TEX2 Hi there, Here's a community post regarding this issue which may help. It may also help to provide the exact error messages you are getting. Thanks.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
'Hoo Recruit

For some unknown reason everything is working now, except one

of my email addresses that is listed as a linked email address on the mail app.

New 'Hoo

I have this same issue and I didn's see the check box in my office 365, I was in the phone with a goddady email support. Any help on this? Thanks.