cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

MAILER-DAEMON failure notices

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

MAILER-DAEMON failure notices

I am getting the following error message:

MAILER-DAEMON failure notice

521: 5.2.1 :  Service Temporarily Unavailable.

The addresses I am sending to are good, they work on other email providers and the error message comes with all email during that period so it is not just a couple of addresses. Email will work fine for a day, then the errors start coming. I can't rely on my email being sent.

Please help. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: MAILER-DAEMON failure notices

@nhl2b,

You would need to check to make sure you are using a supported browser and or any unauthorized extension in that browser are not enabled. These can produce the bounce back error. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
4 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

When you get mail from a "MAILER-DAEMON" or a "Mail Delivery Subsystem" with a subject similar to "Failed Delivery," this means that a message you sent was undeliverable and has been bounced back to you. These messages are produced automatically and usually include a reason for the delivery failure.

Failed or "bounced" messages normally consist of two parts:

1. The reason for the bounce
  2. Your original message.

Example failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

123.45.67.89 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (testing123@yahoo.com) [-5] - mta123.mail.mud.yahoo.com

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path:
Received: (qmail 24519 invoked by uid 60001); 11 Nov 2010 15:37:25 -0000
X-Mailer: YahooMail/11.4.9 YahooMailWebService/0.8.107.285259
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:37:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Test Message
To: testing123@yahoo.com
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-162906830-1289489844=:24510"

--0-162906830-1289489844=:24510
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

[Text of the original message here]

--0-162906830-1289489844=:24510--

The most common reason for a failed delivery is that the email address you entered isn't valid. If the Mailer Daemon says that the account doesn't exist, double-check the spelling of the address you entered. A single misplaced letter can be enough to cause a failed delivery. If the message continues to be bounced back to you, you might want to verify that the account hasn't been closed or moved.

If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

Thank you, but I'm afraid those are not the reasons. The email addresses are correct because they will eventually go through. I can go a day or 2 and all emails send. Then for a day or so most get kicked back with the error I mentioned earlier. I think it has to do with the connected @Verizon.net address I am using because I get the same error in gmail. Any ideas appreciated.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@nhl2b,

You would need to check to make sure you are using a supported browser and or any unauthorized extension in that browser are not enabled. These can produce the bounce back error. 

New 'Hoo

I think some email providers are blocking mail from Yahoo. I have tried to send mail three times to my brother in the UK his provider is btinternet.com. The Daemon says it tried three times and failed. I had no problems previously. I can send to my sister in Australia with no problems.As a check I used one of the old emails he sent me and replied to it, the same problem it failed. I use Outlook and ATT on Port 465, SSL, and smpt.mail.yahoo.com there is no place for Authentication only SPA which is not needed. What has changed am I going to have to use Gmail. I think Yahoo has a problem that it is not admitting to.