cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Lost outgoing email

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Lost outgoing email

Hello, sorry unusual request.

I sent a long (text rich, no attachments) email out early this morning it is an extremely important email and I would have liked to have retained in sent mail for reference.
However after sending it was available in my sent mail as I receive read it.

I closed and reopened my sent mail and it has mysteriously vanished. I have checked all other folders including outbox and deleted etc and it is nowhere to be seen. I have even tried logging on via different devices to ensure its not the device but again nowhere.

I have made a request for a mail restore but this hasn't helped.

Is their anyway that Yahoo mail can check that it's actually been delivered through their servers i.e. a pop server check? Sorry for having to ask but it is a massively important email about someone's health, recreating it will be challenging, and delivering a 2nd when the first maybhave been delivered is just embarrassing.

Please help,

Kind regards

Deslineham
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Lost outgoing email

Greetings @Deslineham

In that case you would need to visit a friend and use their computer or visit your local library and use one of their computers. 

If you don't see the email in your Sent folder then the email has been lost due to an email sync issue.  Since the email has been delivered you can always ask the person that received it to forward a copy to you.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
6 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Deslineham

Did you create and send this email when using a laptop or desktop or did you use an email app on a phone or tablet?  If it is the latter what email app are you using?  If you were using an email app when you sign into your account from a laptop or desktop do you see this sent email in your Sent folder?

Have you contacted the person you sent the email to and ask if they had receved it?

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
'Hoo Recruit

It was sent on Amazon Kindle fire tablet, using Amazon's native email app set up for use with my yahoo mail account.

I now have confirmation that the email was delivered but still nothing in any of my folders including sent mail. And I've checked this on the tablet and on my yahoo mail app on my phone. It's just disappeared.
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Deslineham

You say you checked both mobile devices, have you checked your account using a laptop or desktop? 

'Hoo Recruit

Unfortunately I don't have that facility at the moment. My laptop died following windows 10 update.
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Deslineham

In that case you would need to visit a friend and use their computer or visit your local library and use one of their computers. 

If you don't see the email in your Sent folder then the email has been lost due to an email sync issue.  Since the email has been delivered you can always ask the person that received it to forward a copy to you.

'Hoo Recruit

Thank you for your help, I was I think coming to that conclusion, just seemed strange that it only affected one email. Just happened that it was probably the most sensitive and important one I've sent in many years.

Would have hoped the recovery tool would have worked.

Thank you so much for your help