cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Embedding image in an email message

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Embedding image in an email message

Everybody! My husband just found out how to do this on a Mac!!! 

With the image displayed, press Shift+Command+4; your cursor will change to a thin crosshair. Drag the cross hair from one corner of the image to the opposite corner, thereby selecting it. When you release, you will have captured that image and it will appear on your desktop. (You may hear the camera click sound when you release :-) What I mean by "on your desktop" - for me, it appeared in the upper right corner of my desktop; I don't have anything else on my desktop so it was easy to spot.

From there, you can drag and drop the image into your email message! 

If you already knew how to do the screen capture that puts the image onto your desktop, then great! I didn't know this before now, and it allowed me to do the drag and drop that I previously had read about and wasn't able to figure out.

As my husband said, My work here is done!

Cheers! - jmgleckler

New 'Hoo

Not ONE of these work-arounds works!

Not right click copy then paste.

Not CtrlC then CtrlV

Not draganddrop

Not paperclip.

UGHUGHUGH YAHOO!
Makes me wanna just migrate over to gmail for everything.

I DON'T WANT AN ATTACHMENT!

I WANT TO PUT A PIC IN THE EMAIL YOU YAHOO MANAGERS!!!

I'm on Chrome using the older Yahoo.

'Hoo Recruit

Are you using a Mac? If so, I can help. But if you are using a PC, I would think any of what you list in your message would work.

I have found, with my Mac, that if I do an image capture (I have an image open - maybe it's a photo I took or an image from a website, but it's open and viewable on my screen) this will work: When you are looking at the image, press Command+shift+4 on your keyboard. Your cursor will turn into a crosshair. Drag your cursor over the image to create a box around it, capturing what you want to include. When you release the cursor, you will have taken a screen shot. You can then drag that screen shot onto your open Yahoo email message and drop it into the message. Good luck!

Established 'Hoo

Sorry, folks, it's been almost a year since the last series of communcations about this, & I haven't tried since. (As a refresher for you, I'm using a PC & Chrome, not a Mac.) I expect I'll need the information next year, when it will be an extremely busy election year & I may be involved in several events. Just in case, I'm pasting almost all of these messages into a document for my own future reference, in case I forget!

Happy holidays to all. sgm