cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Mail Community Contest 6 (Apr 27, 2018 - May 25, 2018)

Embedding image in an email message

SOLVED
Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

Embedding image in an email message

I used to be able to embed an image (jpg) in an email by using a "+" (Plus) symbol found in the lower right of the message box when composing an email. Now that "+" symbol is gone. How can I now include an image in the body of an email message? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Established 'Hoo

Re: Embedding image in an email message

Thanx so much for your reply. Neither of the solutions you suggested seemed to work for me, but using your suggestion to try the new "menu" by the paperclip at the bottom did: I clicked on the "add photos from recent emails" option & it works--even if I hadn't yet used it in an email (I just saved the .jpg version on the taskbar).  sgm

23 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-Star

The options that were at the plus are now under the paperclip.

There are a couple of ways to include a picture in the email.

1. Do a copy of the image and then do a ctrl-v in the body of the email. A right click and paste does not seem to work.

2. You can also drag the image to the body of the email. Note that dragging to the bottom of the email does an attach.

Feel free to Reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my replies are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
Established 'Hoo

Thanx so much for your reply. Neither of the solutions you suggested seemed to work for me, but using your suggestion to try the new "menu" by the paperclip at the bottom did: I clicked on the "add photos from recent emails" option & it works--even if I hadn't yet used it in an email (I just saved the .jpg version on the taskbar).  sgm

Mail Pro All-Star

@sgm3

Glad you found a work around.  Another possible way is this.

Open the photo you want to embed in Yahoo Mail, then highlight or select the photo with your cursor. Depress "Control" "C" to copy photo. Be sure to use your keyboard to copy, not right click and select "save image" on your photo. It won't work if you do it that way.

Go to the end of your text in your email you are sending, and click "Control" "v" there and it should paste and embed the picture file.

Sometimes FireFox won't work using that way to do it, but IE seems to work.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
Established 'Hoo

Thanx anyhow, but I'm not using Firefox or IE any longer (IE if I must, in some circumstances)--I'm using Chrome. However, the suggestion by Barkely_hound seemed to work for me: using the "menu" by the paper clip at the bottom of the message box. sgm

Contributin' 'Hoo

For almost two weeks now I have been pleading for anyone here to help me with this same issue, to no response whatsoever from the adminstrators -- (who still tell us, "If you're looking for staff assistance with bugs and other issues, here is the place to find it") -- and no useful replies from the nice people who try to suggest things.

To repeat yet again:  I've always been able to drag and drop images into my emails.  It has always worked.  As of a few months ago, however, that doesn't work consistently anymore, maybe 50-75% of the time.  The images I drag into the messages show up when I'm composing them ... but once I hit "send" the images are attached as files below and in the sent email there only appears a box in the message saying "inline image," showing where the image was SUPPOSED to be.

I have changed nothing, no settings, and it happens on both Firefox and Safari.  I'm doing exactly what I've always done, and it's not working any more.  It is not just me.  The same thing started with my sister a few months ago, and she is in another state.  When I first looked for help at the Help Community here I discovered that someone had posted about the same problem here months ago, to now response whatsoever.

"2. You can also drag the image to the body of the email. Note that dragging to the bottom of the email does an attach."

That is exactly what ISN'T working any more.  When I've gone to Yahoo Help, the ONLY thing I can find about putting inline images is to do this ... and it is what is not working.

"1. Do a copy of the image and then do a ctrl-v in the body of the email. A right click and paste does not seem to work."

This has never worked for me and still doesn't work for me, and the options under the paperclip only refer to including recent images that have already appeared in emails.  There is nothing there about putting new images in emails.

How can we actually reach a real person at Yahoo Help?!

Contributin' 'Hoo

"Neither of the solutions you suggested seemed to work for me, but using your suggestion to try the new "menu" by the paperclip at the bottom did: I clicked on the "add photos from recent emails" option & it works--even if I hadn't yet used it in an email (I just saved the .jpg version on the taskbar).  sgm"

Sgm:   None of these suggestions -- dragging and dropping, or using Control-C and Control-V -- work for me either.  

Can you tell me more what you mean by "saving the jpg version on the taskbar"?

You say that that you can get an image to work even if you haven't used it in an email.  How do you do that?  I'm getting desperate.

Thanks.

Established 'Hoo

I too had no luck with "drag & drop"  or "control v" for embedding an image. But managed to get my image embedded using the new menu next to the paper clip at the bottom of the message box. 

Like you, I have pretty much given up on trying to reach a "real person" at Yahoo. This series of conversations has been my first attempt at using "the Community" to find a solution to a problem, & it took a while to get the hang of it. sgm

Contributin' 'Hoo

Sgm:  Thanks very much, but how exactly do you use the new menu next to the paperclip to embed an image?  

I can only see how to embed past images from past emails, and can't figure out how to do a new image I've never used before.

Established 'Hoo

I've mostly used the technique to send flyers to people/organizations for events. I try to get the flyers done as jpg documents rather than (or in addition to) pdf or Word documents. (I don't have a digital camera, so can't send photos I've taken; if someone has sent me a jpg photo, I'm sure it would work.) Most recently, I opened a jpg version of a flyer & stored it on my taskbar. I didn't even have to send it to anyone--I was about to, but when I started to, I was able to embed it. I opened a new "compose" message, typed a few words to a friend, went to the menu next to the paper clip image at the bottom of the message box, clicked on "Add photos from recent emails," and a window opened up on the right side, with some previous jpgs, including this recent flyer. I just had to click on the image I wanted to embed, in this case the flyer, and it appeared in the body of the email. The image was a reduced version, but in the upper right corner of the image you can click to reduce or enlarge the image--I enlarged it to make the text more readable. 

Next time I wanted to send a message to a list & clicked on "Add photos..." just that image appeared on the right, instead of several from my folder. Easily done, once you know how.

For many years Yahoo has had the habit of changing its techniques &/or placement of items without notifying users. We're just supposed to figure it out for ourselves, I guess. They no longer have real people offering help, as they did in the "old days," and their online "help" screens are pretty opaque. Yahoo is also more subject to hacking than some other email servers--I've been hacked at least 3 times, most recently having my entire address list, inbox and sent mail folders emptied. At least that time Yahoo was able to restore the  mail folders, & I was able to redo most of my address list using some old sent messages. That was before their "help" was so -- digitized? I don't know why I stick with it, other than sheer habit, I suppose. sgm