cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Email going to junk but is not junk

SOLVED
St
'Hoo Recruit

Email going to junk but is not junk

I use this account to communicate with one person only. Email was working great, but then Wednesday whenever the person would reply the replies would start going to my junk/spam when they really should be going to my inbox. How do I fix this?? Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Email going to junk but is not junk

@Birdie3

In addition to marking the emails as Not Spam, try adding the sender's address to your Address Book. This may help our system "trust" the sender better.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
15 REPLIES
Moderatin' 'Hoo

You can move an email that was incorrectly identified as spam into your inbox and mark it as Not Spam.

Move email out of the spam folder and into the inbox.

1. In your Spam folder, open the email that was marked as Spam.
  2. Click the Not Spam button.
    - The email is moved to the inbox.

Also, if spam somehow gets into your Inbox, select the spam email by placing a checkmark in the box next to it, and then click the Spam button above your list of emails.

'Hoo Recruit

I have moved many emails from my junk box to the appropriate inbox. How do I mark them as NOT SPAM? I only have iPad and iPhone. This is happening primarily with a work related group of important emails! Please help

'Hoo Recruit

I do move the emails from my junk box to my in box,  but I don't know how or where to mark as not spam?? 

Moderatin' 'Hoo

You may need to check your filters if your messages are being sent to your Trash folder.

Incoming emails can be mistakenly directed to your Yahoo Mail Trash folder as a result of incorrectly configured filters or settings in the email application you’re using to access your account. 

Check your Yahoo Mail filters
  1. Mouse over the Settings Menu icon  | select Settings.
  2. Click Filters.
  3. Click on a filter's name to select it.
  4. Click Edit to view the rules set for each filter.
  5. Determine if your filter rules need fixing.
Check your POP and app settings

If your POP client or mobile app is configured to delete mail from the server, messages will be delivered to the Trash. Review and adjust these settings to fix the problem.

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Recently I have many legitimate emails being sent to the spam folder. I diligently mark them as not spam, but have to keep doing it every day as new messages arrive! I do NOT have any filters. What has change and what can be done to stop it. None of the previous answers address this isse. Thx.

'Hoo Recruit

This is no "not spam" button.  I've looked for it many times.

'Hoo Recruit

I'm having the same problem.  Mail is going to my "JUNK" folder and Spam is going to my "SPAM" folder.  I do not have any filters or blocked emails in my settings.  this just started this year and I only found all the missing emails.  there is no way to mark an email as not JUNK when its in the junk folder.  anyone know how to fix this?

Official 'Hoo Staff

Hi there, You can create filters and route known email addresses accordingly. This issue is usually because of filters or POP server settings. Thanks.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
'Hoo Recruit

I have created filters, just as instructed, using the email of the sender as the filter, asking these e-mails to be sent to the inbox, but they STILL end up in SPAM. Everytime.  I have no idea what else to try. Very frustrating.