cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Duplicate emails being received

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Duplicate emails being received

I've been a Yahoo customer for many, many years.  I'm using Outlook 2007 with a POP3 connection to read my mail.  Recently it has taken to duplicating downloads on a daily basis, though I've made no changes to Outlook.  No, I can NOT turn off leaving email on the server as I also use an iPhone for checking my email.  I've tried to contact support via either chat or email, but the verification page repeatedly tells me "Entered YID should match with signed in YID." even though I'm using the correct **bleep**ing ID.  I'm a software developer of 30 years experience so no, it's not user error.  Any assistance would be much appreciated before I stop using this account of over 10+ years and tell everyone in my social circle to run screaming from Yahoo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Duplicate emails being received

@FrustratedThom,

In Outlook you may have rules set to sort incoming messages, duplicate rules can result in duplicate messages in the same folder.

Deleting the duplicate rules will not only eliminate those duplicates but will also speed up the sorting and may eliminate long pauses that could cause a "time out."

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
2 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@FrustratedThom,

In Outlook you may have rules set to sort incoming messages, duplicate rules can result in duplicate messages in the same folder.

Deleting the duplicate rules will not only eliminate those duplicates but will also speed up the sorting and may eliminate long pauses that could cause a "time out."

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

Thank you for the note, but no, rules are NOT duplicating the emails. This is very clearly a POP issue, with something having changed on the server side recently. Please note: this is not a problem for any of several other email accounts that I have via other providers.