cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Doesn’t support relaying

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Doesn’t support relaying

As of yesterday I can no longer send emails using my iPhone. I get a message that the server doesn’t allow relaying. I deleted the Mail account from my phone and set it back up and it still doesn’t work. I downloaded the Yahoo Mail app and same issue there. I can receive emails but cannot send emails in either app.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Doesn’t support relaying

It ended up being as easy as just changing my password
7 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @RayDG

When you sign into your account using a laptop or desktop do get the same error message when trying to send an email?  It would be helpful if you can post the exact error message you are seeing.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Pro 'Hoo

I have tried with iPhone Mail App and Yahoo Mail app and receive the below error message. When I try on my laptop with Internet Explorer, Google or Google Chrome it just says ‘Error’.

‘A copy has been placed in you Outbox. The recipient **Username Protected**@sbcglobal.net was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying’
Official 'Hoo Staff

@RayDG

Can you check and make sure your Outgoing server settings are correct in your app?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

Thank you. Yes I verified the settings match this. I have also deleted it from the phone and set it back up. After realizing it doesn’t work on laptop either, I contacted Live support and they have to escalate it.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@RayDG

Ok, keep us posted on what they say/

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

It ended up being as easy as just changing my password
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @RayDG

fireworks.png

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.